ix

a/n: I debated splitting this into two chapters but ended up keeping it as one :) so here is the ending to vol 0 of the jjk manga, pomegranate ink style

"Wow," Maki said, sounding impressed, "Seems like you did exactly the opposite thing you planned to."

"Yeah," Tullia chirped, "I mean, you were all 'I'm going to avoid Yuta and not talk to him until my feelings go away' before you left, and now you're telling us you've made out with him?"

"And you told Noritoshi? Why didn't you just lie when he asked you?" Maki said.

"To be honest, it didn't really occur to me. Anyways, he would've seen through anything like a lie. He's perceptive," you said.

"At least he's okay with it. That's a good thing," Tullia said. You nodded.

"Yes, it feels like a weight off of my chest in a sense. As long as the higher ups don't figure it out, we'll be alright," you said.

"That's good. So, are you two, like, dating now or something?" Tullia said, grinning evilly.

"Uh, I'm not really sure. We haven't really talked about that night yet, and nothing has happened since, so I don't know. Do you think he doesn't want to date me?" you said in worry. Tullia cleared her throat dramatically.

"Oh, Y/N, you are my biggest weakness and I'll kill anyone that looks at you the wrong way. Also, I kissed you, and the super scary curse attached to me wants us to get married," she said, lowering her voice as if to imitate Yuta. You gave her a dull look. Maki snorted but tried to hide it with a cough.

"That's not what he sounds like," you said.

"You're right, I made my voice too deep," she said, "No matter. Seriously, all of that is basically what you just described to us, and you're questioning whether he wants to date you? The answer is yes, he does. Probably very much."

"I'm not the greatest with all of this romantic stuff, but even I can tell that Yuta cares about you a lot. He's probably more scared about how you feel and the state of your engagement and whatnot than anything," Maki said.

"He's already been slated for execution once before, I doubt he wants to go through it again. You'll just have to talk to him and make sure he knows the full story. If there's one thing I know, it's that the word 'assume' is spelled as such because it makes an 'ass' out of 'you' and 'me!'" Tullia said.

"That was the dumbest thing I've ever heard you say," Maki said.

"It was pretty bad, Tullia," you said.

"The sentiment is fair, though," Maki acquiesced.

"The point is that you can't jump to conclusions about what he wants without communicating! Otherwise, you'll just end up looking like a fool — an ass, if you will," Tullia explained.

"We can speculate all we want, but the only person that can tell you how Yuta feels for certain is, well, Yuta," Maki said.

"You're both right," you said. "Enough about all of this, though. Do either of you have feelings for anyone? I mean, we only ever talk about my problems. I'd like to be the one giving advice for a change!"

"You're out of luck on my part," Maki said quickly. "No feelings from me."

"Aw, shame," you said. "Tullia?"

"Hm, I don't know. I think that I want to have a crush on someone, but I'm not sure who," she said.

"What do you look for in a potential partner?" Maki said. Tullia considered this, biting her lip in thought.