Chapter 2

There were many times where Josh wish he could understand a situation or at least have an idea how to approach it. That there could be times where he would instantly know what the answer to a question was and he could tell someone it's going to be okay after they lost the only reason that they are still alive.

But that wasn't the case. Josh was in his NYU dorm room, looking how Maya was sitting on the couch. She lost her mother. Maya had lost Katie and still he didn't know how to approach her. Stirring the two cups of hot chocolate, Josh made his way to Maya as he handed her one cup, before he sat down next to her. Maya had properly cried at the hospital due to the loss of her mother, but she still wasn't sure what that actually meant.

Maya took a sip of her hot chocolate as she smiled to Josh. He knew that the girl was breaking inside and that she wished things were different. But they weren't and that alone was haunting Maya.

"What is going through your mind? You can talk to me," Josh said.

"I know I can. It's just... Weird thinking I'm never going to see her again," Maya said as tears had started to form in her eyes.

"Listen, Maya. Things are always going to be complicated. We are never going to understand what truly goes through other people's minds. Some people may think you're okay when you're not and others might keep on nagging on you because they know you're not okay," Josh said.

"And then there's Josh Matthews who will just be with you. It's not needed to say a word because all you need is the silence. Thank you for coming to the hospital," Maya said.

"Anytime," Josh said.