Chapter 4

Maya looked at the situation that she was facing. Her biological father was standing in the room while she didn't want to fight. The last thing she wanted to do was fight. She was tired of fighting and all she really wanted was for the day to be done with. But she knew that fighting was what she would do.

"Kermit just leave," Maya said as she looked at the man.

"You can't stay with these people," Kermit said.

"Fortunately she isn't staying with the Matthews then," Shawn said as he came in through the door.

"She's staying with me," he said.

"Shawn," Maya said moving past Josh as she ran into Shawn's arms and he held her tight.

"I'm so sorry, Kiddo. I'm so sorry about your mom. You guys made an amazing team," Shawn said as Maya smiled.

"What are you doing here?" Maya asked as she looked at Shawn.

"I'm here for my daughter. Your mother lied to you. You aren't a Hart. Not biologically. You were born a Hunter," Shawn said as Maya looked confused at him.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Kermit asked as Shawn looked at the man.

"Katy didn't go into early labor, Kermit. She told you that she went into labor at 34 weeks. She didn't. She went into labor at 39 weeks. Maya is my child. Biologically and legally. We did the tests as well. Strand of hair. I am her biological father," Shawn said as Maya looked at him.

"But you and Mom..."

"We haven't seen each other since that one night. It was the night I had left in April 2000. Maya your mother decided to say it was Kermit because that would make life a whole lot easier for you. He isn't your real father. I am," Shawn said.

"You people are going to pay for this," Kermit said.

"Get the hell out of my house before I call the police," Topanga said as Maya smiled and hugged Shawn.

"You're my daughter," Shawn said.