CHAPTER - 8

It was late evening when Noor was sitting inside the deewan of begum mahal which belonged to her mother. Noor was checking the book of finances . Her mind was still not over the morning incident she was still tensed and was distracting her self with work , she knew that the men were gathered in the deewan since afternoon maybe they were drawing up a contract and the Shah has decided not to marry her but then if he changes his plan how would she ensure that Arham's death would be avenged after last night Shah's words about the army constantly disturbed her.

It was true that shimla's army was smaller than that of Ghazi Alam but they had great weapons and the soldiers were brave and skilled but apparently it wasn't enough for the current situation . She was sure Shah Aadil knew something more which he probably unveiled in today's meet , he would be a fool If he thought that they would accept his proposal both of marriage and accord , accord might happen but a marriage . Noor knew that she would have to marry him to make him bound to take revenge , accords can be broken faster than they've been made , it was true Shah sikander needed Shimla but what if he found someone better the accord would break and they would be helpless again but shah Aadil would be bound to help the family of his wife.

Noor knew the it was common for rulers to have marriages for political matter and her parents even had one her mother being the daughter of the leader of a small enemy tribe , it was their luck that they fell for each other but a political marriage can lead to unpleasant relationship in which people are trapped with loneliness and her parents never wanted that for her even shamsher's marriage was fixed due to his affection for dil awaiz but her brother was good at hiding it their parents could have arranged his marriage with a princess to gain influence but they never approved of it .

As she was thinking about all this she heard a servent's voice from outside the deewan " Noor bibi hum andar aa skte hain ? " . "Aajayein" she replied .

The maidservant entered the deewan and did her salam " Noor bibi nawab sahab aap se kuch zaruri baat karna chahte hain unhone fauran hi aapko bulaya hai . " the girl said .

This was odd , her father was supposed to be with the other men in the deewan hania had informed her about them half an hour before . Maybe the Shah had decided to accept his council's suggestion . Anxiety clouded Noor's mind the fact that her future would be decided today and maybe it was decided already made her tensed . She knew this marriage was better than an accord as it would make them the Shah's relatives and these relations held power . The Shah would be bound to help them , Sindh didn't have any history of betraying people but no one can be trusted also Aadil shah was known as a shrewd politician .

" Unse kahien ki hum aate hain" Noor quickly dismissed the girl while holding her head in her hands . She prayed that the Shah had already made the proposal otherwise she will have to take the matter in her own hands and convince her abbu to get them married and she knew it would be not an easy task .

Noor snickered thinking that there were days when she prayed for love like her parents and a life out of politics , she knew she was never meant to be a queen let alone a Malika also maybe the Shah had someone in his heart someone much more suitable to be a Malika . If this was the reason the she herself won't have the strength to separate two lovers . Thinking this Noor stood up and started moving towards her father's study .

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Noor knocked on the door of her father's study and said " Abbu andar aane ki ijazat chahte hain " while staring straight at the door and not the intimidating guards which stood on the either side of the gates . Instead of a reply the gates opened up revealing shamsher . She didn't asked him anything as she could see the tense lines on his forehead .

As she went inside she saw her mother present there too , an unknown fear gripped her heart as her mother couldn't even match her eyes . " Ammi aap yahan kya kar rahin hai , aap to aaraam kar rahin thi " Noor asked her mother still worried for her health . Before her mother could reply her father replied " humne aapki ammi ko bulaya hai Noor , aaiye baithiye kuch zaruri baat karni hai aapse " her father said in a grave tone .