CHAPTER - 9

Aadil was escorted by Shamsher to a bethak which had guards on the each side of the door . He was informed that the Princess wanted to discuss something before telling them her decesion about the nikkah but even before sikander personally talked to him aadil agreed to meet the princess saying it would save time . Aadil was already pitying the poor soul she was surely young and couldn't face the political pressure , she seemed to be fragile according to the Nawab's words .

He didn't wanted her to be dragged in the mess so he decided to tell her the truth that he would not lover her and inform her about all those dreading responsibilities that came with him maybe this would let her to say no . He just wished that she has already made up her mind .

With these thoughts he entered the bethak , the large room had rounded sofas with oil lamps hung on the walls and placed on small tables was empty as woman in question was not present there , Aadil was confused for a second and thought about informing shamsher.

Just as he was about to leave the bethak to call shamsher he noticed a figure wrapped in dark green shawl through the linen curtains he could just see her faint figure , seeing no one around he came to the conclusion that she was the princess .

Clearing his throat he said " shehzadi sahiba . " while looking at the balcony

As soon as he said those words the princess turned around . Aadil turned his head downwards to make her more comfortable , maybe she was behind the curtains to be more comfortable around the stranger that was him .

" Assalamualaikum Shah" the princess greeted . Her voice sweet and elegant which suddenly reminded him of those brown eyes as if the girl never left his mind , this was maybe his soon to be wife but still he was thinking about the girl with those brown eyes .

"Walikum assalam" Aadil replied back leaving the thoughts of the brown eyed girl .

" Aapke abbu ne kaha ki aap humse kuch maslon par baat karna chah rhi hain apna faisla tasheer karne se pehle , kahiye hum sun rahe hain ? "

Noor was in a state of mental mess his voice just as his face creating a havoc in her mind and him looking downwards and not at her made her feel warm but this didn't lessened her fear by a bit . Yes fear .

If she tried to be honest with herself , Noor knew she was scared there was something about this man which made her senses go haywire and it was terrifying .

She didn't even muster up the courage to ask a single question as if it was impossible to look at him and ask him anything , his voice which was although polite and his words respectful but there was an underlying control and restriction .

The ticking time forced her to ask him the questions which were disturbing her , gathering her courage Noor asked the question which was distributing her since late evening " Shah hum ye puchna chahte the ki kya aapko kisi se mohabbat hai ? " she turned around again and faced the moon as she couldn't face him due to her fear .

Aadil was in shock for a moment , did he heard her correctly , the girl was asking him if he had a lover he was astonished with her line of thoughts , a cold chuckle escaped his love and him were at the opposite shores of a river . " Aap fikr na karien humara kisi se mohobbat karne ya na karne se is nikkah par koi asar nhi padhta hai "

" Ji nhi shah asar padhta hai , hum apne rishte ki buniyaad kisi ki mohobbat ke bikhre tukdon par nhi khadi karenge . Ye aapke sath zyadti hogi . " Noor replied her tone sharp after hearing him .

Her words left a warmth in Aadil's heart , she was unnecessary getting dragged in all of this and it was his fault even after this she was thinking about him indeed there was humanity left around him . " Aap befikr rahein kisi ki raundi mohobbat par aapka rishta nhi banega , humare dil mein kisi ke liye mohobbat nhi hai . " he replied , these words felt foreign on his tongue because all he could think of was that moon faced beauty whenever he heard the word mohobbat . Maybe this marriage was a good idea but he was neither deserving of the beauty nor this kind girl standing in front of him .