chapter one ━━ who's the half wits?

chapter one,
the sparrow academy 2019

chapter one,the sparrow academy 2019

"DON'T YOU DARE
TOUCH MY BROTHER"

KATELYN HARGREEVES STOOD AT the balcony alongside her other siblings, kitted out in her sparrow uniform while her hair was fashioned into dutch braids. Her hair was now getting quite long and unlike Jayme, she didn't particularly like her auburn strands falling into her face while she was fighting.

Not that they had many real fights with people anymore. Katelyn found her own villains and if it wasn't for Marcus' appreciation for her spirited anger, all her siblings would know about her 'heroism' in the middle of the night. Not that they didn't comment about the dark bags under her eyes she had began to grow.

From what she could see, there was five adults and a boy, almost her age looking. They all already looked roughed up, lacking a good shower and self care. Katelyn giggled behind her hand making Alphonso turn. He also chuckled in turn, a smile growing on his face at the young girl's antics. Like she wasn't his age.

They never treated her like she was their age.

"Dad, who the hell are these assholes?" Ben questioned and for what it was worth, Katelyn agreed with him. Who were they?

They were all staring at number two in synchronisation, the same bewildered look on their face. Katelyn swore she heard them all mutter 'shit' under their breaths. Like they were all the same person.

The big one, Katelyn noted, moved towards her brother and whispered his name. "Is that really you?" What was he on about? Ben didn't know these freaks. None of them did.

Even Ben turned his head slightly, the gel in his hair making it impossible to flop like hers normally would when tilting her head like that. Katelyn watched him douse it that morning while he stared at the mirror. Just like how he watched her apply mascara to her lashes and then helped plait one side of her head. Katelyn didn't admit that she redid it only seconds after he left her bedroom. He looked too proud, his face scrunched up as he smiled at his masterpiece.

"And who are the weirdos on the balcony?" Another wondered, his voice loud and booming compared the echoing walls and ceilings. She cringed slightly before waving towards him. Alphonso quickly slapped her hand down.

"Stop antagonising them Kate." He murmured to her as she stared them down with a cheeky grin.

The rest of the Sparrows were stood up straight, looking down on the others like they were dirt. Katelyn always had bad posture and an immaturity to her which therefore made her different from them all. She was absent of that hindering silence they all had.

"They are the Sparrows." Sir. Reginald spoke, almost proud of his offspring. "My children."

The young boy turned, a face like a slapped ass, before speaking with a tone that didn't match his exterior. "I'm sorry, what do you mean your children? That isn't possible old man." The way he spoke towards her father made her sneer, about to jump over that damn balcony and throttle him one.