chapter four ━━ glow sticks

chapter four
unknown location

She felt a rush, the magic flowing through her body like an elastic band

She felt a rush, the magic flowing through her body like an elastic band. It was snapping, winding back and then snapping back again. She never really got to fight her own villains, hiding in the shadows of her siblings and then shining so brightly infront of camera lights. It felt euphoric to have the rush she always craved so badly.

When she was younger – well as much as younger felt like – Katelyn was almost guilty at the strong feelings she felt towards the limelight her siblings so very much deserved. She always had that feeling that she shouldn't have wanted the fame or the fans or even the growing force of villains out to get her. Reginald put her behind a glass box as a sort of protection from what she should have died from all those years before.

She should have been thankful, his fatherly instict protecting her from the adult life of treachery that her siblings experienced but...the fight was the only time she ever felt so alive since her death.

It warmed her cold skin like no vampire had ever felt. She was the only vampire she had met though and you can't really meet yourself unless you look in the mirror.

Katelyn had read all the books. Any sort of article or urban legend about her 'kind'. They described it as bloodsucking monsters who haunted the night and kept to the shadows in the day. She always thought they kept out one crucial part. That she danced in the daylight like the sun didn't touch her skin and that if she didn't drink humans, she could live temporarily or with Reginald's tests she could simply move for around two weeks before her skin decided to run with veins so grey, she'd blend with the colour scheme of her bedroom.

One would say that her father testing on her would be inhumane but she wasn't exactly human enough to run in the rules of humanity.

Humanity. That was another one of those pesky things that came along with being the first of her species. She could turn it off, simply turn off a light switch in her brain and cause mayhem with no repercussions. Well maybe not none but at least she didn't have to feel them. She hadn't done it once but she knew all about it with the knowledge she built up on such thing. Alongside her hypnotism.

Hypnotising Jayme to eat her own vomit was an all time favourite of hers.

She would bring the death of everyone in her wake if they weren't careful and if her siblings weren't her siblings, she would kill them all too. Possibly not Ben but the rest would be punished under her hand, sharp as a blade.

Five was risking his life to even set foot towards her and it made her magic almost unusable in anger. Everyone knew her power. Everyone knew the danger and yet Five stepped towards her like she was just the little girl she portrayed. He didn't bat an eye at the red fury she emitted, electricity basically radiating from her skin. If she pushed hard enough then she could literally blow red magic from her body. She never was allowed to push hard enough though.