Chapter 11 Just a day off

Life for the students at Justice League academy was pretty good. They spent a great deal of time learning, training and helping save the day. They were learning much to be heroes. But still being teenagers they found time to hang out and be normal.

They still had the trials of your average teenager. There were pimples, hormones, bullies, cliques and peer pressure. It was truly a difficult time for anyone. 

They enjoyed being friends and knew they were all different in one way or another. 

For instance Aqualad is an amazing swimmer and great athlete but he is afraid of mice.

Wild heart was on the Autistic spectrum and her friends didn't care, they accepted her for who she was and thought she was cool. They liked her a lot and knew her Autism didn't define her. 

There were many other young heroes had come into the Academy recently. Speedy, Black lighting, Katana, Static, and Gear. They were all young heroes who were ready to learn.

Life was good for all of them because they had great friends. They all had few arch foes and were busy. 

"That was great we rocked that sim," Terry said.

"I know did you see Gear during it," Speedy said.

"Well if it wasn't for Warhawk I would've been in real trouble," Gear said.

"Yes you would've buddy," Static said.

"Did you see the cool move Wild Heart did?' Black Lighting asked.

"Yeah it was cool she made working with that lion like child's play," Booster Gold said.

"I guess, but hey handling the lion needed a little oomph," Wild heart said.

Green Lantern came up. "I see you kids did some hard work on the sim, you all are doing well," GL said.

"Thanks Green Lantern," they said.

"Okay kids we need to start on the chores," GL said.

"Okay," they said.

They went to work on the chores and they were busy. "Okay, that takes care of that," Wild heart said finishing the last of her chores.

"I am finish," Booster Gold said.

"I'm done too," Aqualad said.

"We're finished as well," Speedy said.

"Good now we can go hang out and have fun," Ram said.

"Great let's go out," Python said.

"Remember we need to tell a teacher we are heading out," Terry said.

"Terry is right it is the rule," Kara said.

"Okay," they said.

They told the teachers they were heading out. "Okay then just remember call us for any kind of emergency okay?" Hawkgirl said.

"Okay," they said and headed out.

They headed into town to have some fun. "There are a lot of things to see here," Michael said.

"Yes all kinds of clothes and toys and other cool stuff," Roy said.

"Yep," Virgil said.

"It is fun," Ricky said.

"Well there is much to do let's have some fun!" Hannah said.

"Look there is the boardwalk," Don said.

"Let's go," Hank said.

"Hey wait for us!" Katana said.

They headed into the Boardwalk to hang out and have fun. "Okay now let's have some fun." Rex said. 

They started to play games to enjoy themselves. "There are many games and prizes to win," Michael said.

"I know it is so much fun." Hannah said.

They were playing the games and having fun.

"Hey Hannah want to see if I can win you a prize?" Michael asked.

"Sure," Hannah said. 

Michael looked at the games and saw one with stuffed animals and other plush toys. "Well let's see if I can get you one of those," Michael said.

"Okay now young man see if you can knock down the bottles and win a prize." the man said.

"Okay then," Michael said.  Michael got ready and threw a ball and managed to hit the bottles and knock them over. 

"Good throw," Hannah said.

"Thanks," Michael said. 

"Okay now pick prize boy," the man said. 

Michael saw Hannah was eyeing a large plush of a character from a game she plays called Pikachu. "I will take that large Pikachu plush," Michael said.

"Okay then," the man said and gave it to Michael. 

"Here you go Hannah," Michael said.

"Oh thank you Michael." Hannah said.

"Your welcome," Michael said.

Hannah and Michael joined the others at doing other things at the board walk. There were rides and food as well. 

They were having a lot of fun. 

"Sometimes it feels like we are fighting villains or training all the time," Hannah said.

"Yes it does feel that way," Michael said.

"But it is nice to have days like this were we can have sometime off and just be teenagers," Kara said.

"Yes it is," Terry said. 

"We get to hang out and have fun," Hank said.

"Yes and get to socialize with people our own age," Don said.

"Yes and we get a chance to get out of the school and have fun in public see things," M'gan said.

"It is great and we know we can't always have days off like this but it is nice when it happens," Taylor said.

"Yes I know the teachers enjoy it when they have time off too I bet," Virgil said.

"I think they do," Ricky said.

"Yes they have lives of their own just like us," Black Lighting said.

"Yes they do, after all they are ordinary people too," Hannah said.

"Yes no matter how different one may seem they are still people," Michael said.

"Yeah and now we better head back, it is getting late," Terry said.

"Terry is right," Stephen said.

They all headed back to the academy and went into their rooms to rest after a long day of fun.

Although they knew days off were rare they were going to cherish them when ever they happened.