Chapter 14 Merry Christmas Justice League Academy Style

(Merry Christmas in July everybody!)

It was December and all of Metropolis was enjoying the sights and sounds of Christmas. They were everywhere. Including at the Justice League Academy.

"I can hardly believe it's Christmas time," Hannah said as she was fixing things up. 

"I can hardly believe it too," Terry said.

"Yes it's great that we get to spend Christmas together," Roy said.

"Yeah it's cool," Virgil said.

"Hey where's Michael?" Kara asked.

"He's on the phone with his parents," Ricky said.

"Oh," Kara said.

Meanwhile in Michael's room. "I got to think of a good present for Hannah," Michael said. 

"Michael I thought you alright got a present for Hannah," Jessica his mother said.

"I know but I don't if I got the right thing, if she doesn't think so she will break up with me!" Michael said.

"Michael calm down son," Marty his father said. "She will like anything you give her because she loves you," he said.

"Yes she knows it comes from the heart," Jessica said. "That is all that matters," she said.

"If you say so," Michael said. 

"We know so, so stop worrying," Marty said.

"Okay," Michael said. "Well I will talk to you guys later," he said.

They were getting things ready for the big Christmas party at the school. Each of the students got special gifts for each other. They were looking forward to seeing their friends enjoy the presents. 

There was also going to be a Christmas party tomorrow on Christmas. There was going to be food, music and movies. 

They were all looking forward to it. Everything was all set up. The teens were all looking forward to spending the holidays together.

"I am so glad our families agreed to let us spend the holidays together," Michael said after he came in.

"Yes it is incredible," Ricky said.

"We are all going to have so much fun together." Hannah said.

"There going to be many things to talk about and do," Kara said.

"So what are some of your holiday traditions?" Terry asked the others. "Every year my parents brother, sister and I will always open our presents on Christmas and then surprised the children at the hospital with some presents that we got for them afterwards," he said. 

"That's nice," Michael said. "On Christmas my dad always tried to make sure he would have to work, and mom would make a nice meal, our family until the time I was 8 years old didn't have much money, but we were always happy, my sister and I until then usually only got one present each those years and dad always tried make sure to have a happy face for us and not try to focus on how bone tired he was trying to provide for the family, then when the promotion he got we came to new home and found we had more time with him and we never had to scrape by for food again, mom and dad always made sure to remind us money doesn't bring happiness, love for each other and our fellow man does," he said.

"Wow never knew you used to be so poor," Kara said.

"Yeah well at least my family had love that was the most important thing," Michael said.

"My family we always had a nice breakfast and opened presents and then we watched my mom's favorite Christmas Movie together to keep her close." Virgil said. 

"In my family we opened all our presents on Christmas Eve while eating homemade pizza and then on Christmas day have homemade waffles and croissants we opened our stockings we watched all our Christmas home movies, it if fun to watch them, and it is sometimes hard to watch now because my dad is no longer with us, but it helps keep his memory alive," Hannah said. 

"That is wonderful," Ricky said. "it is amazing how all of us have such different traditions at this time of year," he said.

"I know tell me about it," Diantha said. Diantha was one of Hannah's friends who recently joined the school who originally helped Wild heart with Noah. Then getting her own powers late due to exposure to the chemicals on Hannah's clothes on the day it happened.

"Yes we are all different in some way or another the way we celebrate, all of us come from different families," Noah said. Noah had also developed his own powers too.

"Yes all of us know that and now we celebrating together at the school but we know things will be a bit different, but different in a good way," Roy said.

"Roy is right we all may have different ways of celebrating but we are family now and family stick accepts each other and reaches out to each other." M'gan said.

The next morning every got dressed and started to celebrate.

"Okay everyone time for the presents," Superman said.

They all gave each other the presents and began thanking each other. Hannah and Michael looked each other. Michael opened his present from Hannah. "Hannah it is the laptop I wanted how did you know?" Michael asked.

"I remembered you saw it at the store and could see if you could get your old laptop upgraded into one just like it." Hannah said.

"How did you afford this?" Michael asked.

"I sold my Nintendo systems and games," Hannah said.

"Oh Hannah you were going to trade that stuff in for a Nintendo Switch and Pokemon games to go with it," Michael said.

"You knew that?" Hannah asked.

"I know you better than you think," Michael said.

Hannah opened her present. "The Nintendo Switch with Pokemon Scarlet, how did you?" Hannah asked.

"Oh I sold my old laptop," Michael said. 

"Merry Christmas," they said hugging each other.

"That is so sweet," Kara said.

"Sappy more like it," Black Lighting said. Then Katana gave him a sharp look. "Okay sorry." he said.

It was a wonderful Christmas.