FOUR: Ragazza Misteriosa

❀Florence

❀Florence

I'm walking into the flower shop and I see Anna's bright blonde hair. I smile and walk up to Mamá and Anna having a conversation.

"It's honestly a hard year for him," I hear Anna say.

A hard day for who?

"I understand," Mamá frowns. She spots me and smiles, "Flor!" Anna turns around and smiles when she sees me as well.

"Best get going," She picks up the new flowers she bought and kisses me on the cheek, "Ciao!" We wave to her as she leaves the store.

"Di cosa stavate parlando?" (What we're you two talking about?) — I ask Mamá. She walks up to the counter and starts looking through the mail.

"Qualcosa su Grayson," (Something about Grayson) — Is all she says. Okay but what about him? What's so hard for him today?

I give my mom an annoyed look and roll my eyes. I walk away from the counter and go up the stairs leading to the second floor.

I look around to see if I have anything to do. It's busy here at Fiorituras Flower Shop but for some reason... I have nothing to do.

All the customers are being helped by the other employees and I'm just standing here.

I always have something to do.

I go back down the stairs and walk back up to Mamá.

"Mamá," I say as I go up to her.

"Hm," She replies, opening another letter from the mail.

"Cosa dovrei fare?" (What am I supposed to do?) — I cross my arms and sigh. She looks up at me and gives me a shrug.

Ugh.

"I'm leaving." I tell her and walk out the store. She's being mean today.

I get on my bike and start pedaling. At this point I don't even know where I'm going. I'm just gonna let my legs pedal wherever it takes me.

I woke up pretty late today: 1pm to be exact. I stayed at home and watched my favorite show, Montalbano (cliché, I know), and then got ready to help at Mamá's shop. But, now I'm leaving it after just 4 minutes of being in there.

My legs finally take me to the bridge that people bike and walk on. Rarely any cars use this bridge because so many people are always walking on it. I set my bike against the bridge itself and start walking. It's a pretty big bridge and its only 10 feet above the river beneath.