Part 7: The Ferocity of Love

I woke to the sound of birdsong, and it took me a moment to remember where I was. I sat up, yawning, and stretched.
'They're probably looking for me.' I thought.
At that moment, the Avengers were the last people I wanted to see. I saw something move off to my left, and I turned my head to see what it was.

At this distance, it looked like a bird. But I knew full well what, or who, it really was. It was Sam.
'He must be searching for me.' I thought.
I saw more movement, closer this time. It was Rhodey; he was wearing his dark grey and silver War Machine suit.
"Aha! I knew they were searching for me," I murmured, speaking to no one in particular. "Well, that's just too bad. I don't want to be found."

I turned on the 'invisibility' mode on my suit. I stood up, preparing to fly, when I heard metallic 'clunk' drop down behind me. I turned to see who it was. Tony stood there; the faceplate of his suit was up and he was staring right at me.
"I know you're standing right in front of me, Y/N. Stop hiding, and show yourself." He called. I turned off the 'invisibility' mode, fuming.
"Happy?" I growled, glaring daggers at him.
"Ah, much better. Come on, we're going home." He said.

"Who's we?" I asked.
"Y/N, we're going home whether you like it or not."
"Make me."
"Y/N, I don't want to have to fight you."
"Well then, if you didn't want to fight me then you shouldn't have come here!"

Two balls of fire appeared in my hands. I glared at Tony.
"Last chance. Go now, or become a pile of ash." I hissed.
He didn't move, so opened a portal behind me. I threw the fireballs at him, aiming for a point behind Tony. Then, I turned ran through the portal, and closed it once I was on the other side.

I had, foolishly, ran straight into the Sanctum Sanctorum. I felt eyes piercing the back of my neck, and turned to see none other than Dr Stephen Strange himself. I sighed inwardly, knowing the man well enough to guess what was about to come next.

"Ah, Y/N! There you are. I've been waiting for you to drop by." Strange walked towards me. "Let me guess: you're upset with Bucky and the other Avengers for taking a joke the wrong way?"
"How did-" I began, not expecting him to be so jovial.
Then, I realised what had happened and said indignantly, "Tony told you, didn't he?"
"No, he didn't. Well someone did tell me, but it wasn't Stark. It was James. I didn't expect a visit from him, to be honest. It was, to be exact, only five minutes ago. He looked like an absolute mess."
"What did he say?"
"I asked him what was wrong and he said, 'She hates me, Strange. She ran away and it's all my fault.' So I said, 'I'm sure she doesn't hate you.' But he replied, 'No, she hates me. She said so herself.' And I said, 'I'm sure she'll come back.' He looked up at me, saying, 'But what if she hates me so much, she never comes back?' So I said, 'From what I've seen, she pays me a visit soon.'"

My eyes widened.
"I never said anything of the sort! I need to find Bucky. Could you point me at him?" I cried, shocked.
"No, but he can't have gone far." He replied.
"Thank you." I said, running towards the door. Before opening it, I stopped, pausing to press the nose of my fox symbol. My now dusty black suit disappeared. I removed the fox symbol and put it in my pocket. Then I opened the door, ran down the steps and looked around desperately.

Heyo! Hope you enjoyed this part. Sorry for not posting, I've been really busy with school and stuff. This past week has been really busy especially, because we were doing Mamma Mia! for our school's production and I was in the orchestra (I play the flute) so yaaaa
Anyways, hope you enjoyed!
649 words

BuckyWandaObsession