03- lunch dates

The menu for the diner sits in front of me in all it's glory

The menu for the diner sits in front of me in all it's glory. The names of the food almost feel like they're screaming at me.

My stomach threatens to grumble, but I push my hand on it. It's something I learnt from school, if you push hard enough, it silences it.

Ben sits beside me, while his pregnant sister and best friend sit on the other side of the booth.

He's making a paper airplane out of the menu, laughing to himself every few minutes.

I would be lying if I said he wasn't attractive, he's gorgeous. But, he keeps elbowing me and telling me to choose something on the menu.

"Hey, what can I get for you?" The waitress says, waiting for someone to speak.

Brielle speaks first, Grayson follows and then Ben begins. Brielle sighs almost immediately.

"Okay, can I have the extra large stack of pancakes? With extra sauce and less fruit, why have fruit when you're eating crap?" He laughs, shrugging his shoulders.

"Can I also have three waffles, the meat stack with extra sausages, and then a full english breakfast. With gravy, I know it's weird but I don't want beans they make me gassy. Replace with gravy instead," Ben says, placing the menu back down on the table.

The waiter is trying to write everything down, scribbling furiously.

"Can I have a chocolate milkshake," Ben adds, flipping the menu over, "And an ice cream sundae with chocolate and blueberry sauce no strawberry because that's gross."

"And that's it," Grayson sighs, while Brielle rests her head in her palms.

"Okay great," The waiter says, nodding and moving her eyes over to me. "And for you?"

I shake my head, "Oh no I'm fine, thank you."

She nods but Ben interrupts her almost instantly. Almost shouting and using an arm to block my mouth so I don't say anything.

"She will have an english breakfast, a stack of pancakes with syrup and extra fruit, I'm sensing it. Maybe also a chocolate waffle feast. And a vanilla milkshake, along with some diet coke if she's weird and hates milkshakes," Ben exclaims, telling the waiter everything I'm supposedly going to eat.

"Okay," The waiter says unsurely, nodding slowly.

"Have you got it?" Ben asks, raising an eyebrow and removing his arm from my face. I almost want to slap it.

"Yes I think so," She says, smiling.

"It's not a matter of thinking it's knowing," He taps his temples slowly while my eyes widen and Brielle leans over and slaps his arm, "Ow!"

"What was that for?" He gasps, rubbing his arm in the place his sister just hit.

"I'm sorry, that will be all," Grayson tells the waiter and she scurries off. Mumbling things to herself.