Dark

"That wouldn't be the first time, right?" Jungwon asked his kidnapper.

She looked at him, intrigued.

"What do you mean?" asked Niki.
"Jay, she already erased your memories once" said Jungwon, looking at him.

Niki and Jay opened their mouths in shock. Jungwon, on the other hand, had no time to wait.

"I am right, aren't I?" he asked, looking straight into her eyes.

She stayed neutral, her face didn't move a millimeter, but her eyes shifted from Jungwon to Jay.

"Everything makes so much sense now!" continued Jungwon. "Jay was my friend when we were kids, and you didn't really care because obviously Jay would be going to Hogwarts at eleven and would forget about me. But when you learnt that I had received my letter as well, you didn't want to risk Jay being my friend again, si you erased everything that was related to me in Jay's memories. That's why-"
"He ignored you all these years..." finished Niki, now feeling bad for everything he had said about Jay.

Jay was stunned. His brain didn't want to process what was happening. Was Jungwon right? Had his mother really done that to him?
Erasing a part of him?

"Why... why?" asked Jay, extremely upset.
"Oh come on, don't be this emotive" she said. "I did it to protect you. Could you imagine what would have happened if I hadn't done anything?Nothing good would come from this friendship anyways."
"Nothing?" repeated Jay, in a deranged laugh. "You had me thinking I spent all my childhood alone. You made me believe I was an outcast. Thank Merlin I found Sunghoon."

That last remark hurt Jungwon. He knew Jay and Sunghoon were friends, and he knew Jay was currently upset because of the situation, but hearing him saying that hurt him.

"Wait, so, all this time, you.." he said, looking at Jungwon.

Having two wands pointed at them didn't matter to Jay. He couldn't stand having ignored Jungwon for years. How awful was that?

"It wasn't your fault, now I have the confirmation" said Jungwon.

They shared an intense eye contact. Jay could see that Jungwon had a thousand memories of them, and he hoped they were good ones. He, on the other hand, felt extremely empty. He would give anything to have his memory back.
It seemed insane that they had been separated just because his mother didn't like muggle borns.
That didn't make any sense to Jay. Plus, Jungw-

"Are we done?" asked Jay's mother, interrupting his thoughts.
"Well, you are now" said Jay. "You're going to jail as soon as I get our of this house."

She laughed.

"Really?" she asked. "What makes you think that? Just because your friend here has his wand doesn't mean I haven't the higher ground."
"Don't you da-" started Niki, but as soon as he started speaking, his wand flew out of his hand.

She had used a non verbal spell against him.
Instantly, Niki swore all the bad words he knew in his head. He had let his guard down for only a second and she had taken advantage of him.
Now they were powerless against her.
Three armless students against a witch with three wands.
Niki looked at his friends, only to notice they were all in the same state of panic as him.

What can we do now? Are we just trapped without escape?

"Okay, so what now?" she asked, enjoying their internal struggle.
"Let them go" said Jay. "Don't hurt them and I'll do as you please."
"What?" asked Niki, undignified. 
"No way" said Jungwon, shaking his head.

"Am I asking your permission?" asked Jay, looking at Jungwon and then at Niki. "No. I'm the oldest, and I'm the prefect, so you will do as I say."
"But-" started Niki.
"You should listen to the prefect" said Jay's mother. "So, you will do as I please?"

Jay felt her gaze fall on him. It was heavy, intense and mostly just uncomfortable. He didn't want to give her what she wanted just like that, but what other choice did he have?
Niki and Jungwon were younger, he had to protect them, especially after having just learnt how much he had hurt Jungwon these past three years.

"I will" he confirmed, devastated inside.
"Good" she said. "I actually need help from inside the school. Peeves is good, but not enough. Well, now that he won't have to keep you away from me, it will make his tasks easier as well."

Jay wanted to scream. He couldn't take any more of this constant betrayal. Why was this all happening to him?

"But you have to promise Jungwon and Niki will be free" he said.
"Of course" she replied in a smile.
"Alright then" confirmed Jay.

"Guys" he said, turning himself towards them. "Here's the rest of my powder. Use it to go back to school, and please just go to sleep."

Jungwon and Niki weren't believing this. Was Jay just giving up?

Niki looked at Jungwon and understood. Jay was buying time. All they had to do was getting the hell out of there and call the police.

"Okay" said Niki.
"Be safe" added Jungwon, taking the small bag that contained the powder.

They turned around, headed for the stairs. Jungwon looked at Niki to confirm that latter was thinking the same as him.
Unfortunately, Jungwon's nod had been noticed.

"Finally" said Jay's mother, right before pointing one of the wands at Jungwon. "I was waiting for that."

Jay saw what she was about to do and just followed his instincts.

Time seemed to slow as Jay jumped between his mother and the two Gryffindors. Then, as he felt a cold shock striking him, time got a lot faster. He couldn't hear anything, his mind went numb, and his vision went dark.