Chapter 9

Another of those lunatics?

-Second person POV

As the race started the crews had to organize themselves first. It was a straight road. Yaeko got behind June with Dom behind her. Jay and Vinny already shot to the front to secure their place.

They were pushed by some members of other crews and the bickering at the front went on. As Yaeko threw a look behind her, she saw monster with his slip stream. Another member of the monster crew was also at the front. The whole crew was very well trained and not an easy bite.

The girl bit her inner lip. Excitement rushed through her veins. The first corner came, they took it well and the road got slimmer. If it got even slimmer it would be hard to do any wide ranged maneuvers. Yaeko suddenly wanted to speed to the front so bad, but she held back. That wasn't her job.

She stayed in place and took the next corner. They suddenly saw Vinny trapped between two other members as Jay was dealing with a participant of the same crew. „Fuck! They're gonna fall!" June exclaimed loud enough for the girl to hear.

„June!" Ko called for him. „Hm?" His attention now on the girl. „I'm going to help them." She stated. June thought for a second, knowing well that if those to fall, its over. „Alright." He quickly said. Thats when the girl sped of to the front. There was a corner not far away. If she didn't want Vinny's ass to get whooped, she has to be fast.

She got even faster and saw some sticks placed as a small tower on a garbage bin. Some kids must have build it. She grabbed one and drover up to the guy on Vinny's left.

He noticed her and squeaked. „Where did you come from?!" She grinned and threw the stick in his wheel. The thin wheel shaked and he fell. Vinny looked behind himself and a shocked looked formed on his handsome features. „What are you doing?" „Saving yo ass!" She scolded him lightly.

The corner was hella close but the girl didn't think about braking. She sped up and got in the corner slightly before Vinny. He yelled out: „Are you out your damn mind!?" She drifted around the corner just like Jay likes to do and sped off. Mouth wide open, Vinny watched her go.

Jay had freed himself and was ready for another guy as Yaeko suddenly appeared next to him instead. He didn't say anything. Just watched her.

Behind them Vinny was now dealing with the guy from monster, who also wanted to take the lead. The finish line wasn't far anymore. „Shit." Ko exclaimed as she saw the scenario. After the next corner the street would be wider again and Dom would get ready for the sprint. Hopefully Vinny could keep that guy busy for that long.

The corner came and Ko and Jay swiftly took it. The two other teams that were there except monster, hummingbird and the ones that they had more or less gotten rid off, were more in the middle field.

June and Dom got closer to Vinny and the other guy. Monster was also on the move to the front, his slipstream being enough to make space. As Dom noticed Monster getting ready, he chose to get there before him and took off to the front. Rushing past the other crews. He was hella fast.

As he got closer to Vinny and the other guy, Vinny tried his best to clear the way, but the guy was too strong. He got away from Vinny and pushed Dom into a wall just as he was passing. That guy was crazy... Vinny cursed under his breath. The road finally cleared from all the buildings and a wider road gave sight to the finish line.

Thats when monster started his spring. Jay and Ko knew, it was time to race to the finish line. Him starting was like a start signal for all the sprinters. Everyone tried getting to the finish line before the other now. Jay and Ko who had been up front for a while, made use of it and pedaled like hell.

At first they were head to head, but as monster passed them, Yaeko gave everything she had. Her high gear ratio made her legs burn, even though she trained with it for a while now. She was still on monsters tail. The broad guy felt like another monster than himself was chasing him, as she sprinted after him. Jay was upfront with Vinny and some others behind them.

The match wasn't decided yet. Thats what she kept telling herself. The excitement of the being in an actual race made everything so much more intense and she had missed this feeling. Monster got even faster and the finish line was close. A few meters...

She hit the pedals harder than she actually could and caught up a bit.

Monster crossed the line only a few centimeters before her...

Stunned he got to a halt. He looked at her more closely and finally remembered from where he knew her. As the broad man wanted to ask her for her to confirm his theory, Jay Jo came in seconds after them. As the boy stopped he came towards Yaeko and hugged her. Vinny and Dom soon came over the finish line as well and joined the hug.

As June arrived he swung an arm around the slim girl. He saw the ending from afar. „Damn, didn't know you were that good..." He admitted. All of them had to admit to that fact. She was more than good.

Joker and wooin had watched as well and were stunned. The beauty who tattooed people ever so gently was a beast on the bike... Their interest towards her rose even further.

While the others praised and questioned Ko's skills, Monster came towards them. „Baek. Aren't you the girl from the youth team that suddenly disappeared from Every official organization and club?" The girls eyes widened. „The one everyone had such high hopes in?"

Something in Jay and June clicked. They looked at her, stunned. She realized that everyone was now very invested. The slim girl cleared her throat.