Epilogue 2

After 2 years -

Kongpob's POV:

It was a lazy Sunday, when we decided to just enjoy the day, without any plans. These 2 years of married life, were nothing short of bliss and happiness. My P' settled well in our company and is working as a team lead now. Though everyone knew who he was, he was very adamant about not receiving any special treatment at work. I, on the other hand, have been undergoing training at work and I also have been doing a course in business management, to equip myself better.

Since it was his birthday in a few days, I was thinking about what to gift him; when I suddenly heard him laugh. I looked down, and noticed that he was lying on my lap, looking through some random videos. Looking at him enjoy his day, easily put my heart at ease. And slowly, a smile spread across my face, as I decided what his birthday gift would be.

I knew for sure, that he would take a nap, for at least 3-4 hours at noon, by when I can make the necessary arrangements. I know he loves surprises, because, honestly, who doesn't? And the surprise I have planned for him, is something he would love as well. After lunch, we cuddled on our bed, and he drifted off to sleep, which means, it is the time to put my plan into action.

On Arthit's birthday: Arthit's POV:

I realised that Kong left for his morning jog, when the bed suddenly felt cold. I hated this feeling! Though I have been with him for years now, this is something I can never get used to. I still find it odd when I don't feel him next to me, when my sleep is disturbed. But because I didn't want to wake up, I just snuggled with his pillow, which gave off his scent, that I can make do, until he comes to wake me up.

After a while, which felt like eternity, I felt his hands making its way, into my shirt, which automatically made me smile. A freshly showered Kong, cuddling me, to wake me up, is a scene I could die for!

"Happy Birthday, Mr. Husband!" he wished me.

"Oh thank you, Kongyy! I didn't realise today's date." I responded.

"Make sure to come home early today. I have a surprise for you" he said.

"Don't you think we are too old for it?" I laughed.

"Wait until you see what it is!" he said.

"You have mastered the art of planning surprises now!" I revolted, with a little pout.

"Says the person who planned an entire wedding without even giving me a hint!" he ridiculed me.

My planning skills for our wedding is something I am so proud of, even today, and will be proud of, forever.

We went through our morning routine as usual and left for office together. Though we reach office together in the morning everyday, we don't usually come back home together, because Kong is always tad bit busier.

Kongpob's POV:

I asked for a half a days leave, at office, which everyone gladly agreed to, just to come home with my surprise and to decorate our space. When it was time for P' to come back home, all arrangements were done.

As soon as the doorbell rang, I confirmed it was my P' and opened the door just enough for me to step out. I blind folded him and held his hand, guiding him inside our house. Before letting him open the blindfold, I got my gift closer to him, such that he sees the gift as soon as he opens his eyes.

But before I could ask him to open his eyes, he was showered with wet kisses and licks. I let out a loud laugh looking at his expression. When he opened his eyes, he met our first baby - Simba - an extremely fluffy Pomsky - a mix between a Siberian Husky and a Pomeranian.

It was clear that Simba already loved P', with the amount of kisses he was giving; and it was equally endearing to see my husband's excitement, on meeting Simba. Thus began our journey as fur-parents.

3 years later - 5th wedding anniversary:

Arthit's POV:

We were getting ready to spend our anniversary at an orphanage, we have been volunteering, from our college days. We usually spend all our anniversaries there, with the kids, playing with them from dawn to dusk.

The moment we reached there, we were surrounded by the kids, who were waiting for our arrival. We were hugged and pulled from all directions, that we lost our balance and fell on the grass, laughing uncontrollably. This was something we were fortunate to experience, everytime we came here.

We spoke to every kid there, had our lunch with them and started playing with them, when we noticed another volunteer bring in a 10 days old baby, to the orphanage's office. On enquiring, we came to know that the kids parents, who were regular volunteers here, lost their lives in an accident.

As soon as I heard what happened, I turned around to look at my Kong, only to see him nodding at me. We understood each other's thoughts and wanted to sit down and discuss if we could go ahead with what we wanted.

Adopting a baby isn't a single person's affair or a couple's. It is a commitment that the entire family, including the extended family, should be able to fulfill. So we wanted both our parents consent, before going ahead with the adoption. The same evening, we had invited both our parents to our home, after Kong and I discussed the adoption in detail.

Both of us wanted it - that is for sure - but we also wanted to make sure we were ready for him in all possible ways. We wanted to make sure our schedules could be adjusted to accommodate him and our space could be rearranged to include his needs. We knew that we might have to ask our parents help from time to time, in case both of us got busy with work.

Kong was already the acting CEO, and with years of hardwork put in, I became the head of the production and supplies departments. Since I was helping him in running the company, we did not have matching schedules or fixed ones. We wanted a back up for all the uncertainties, before going in for the adoption.

Just as we wanted, our parents were more than happy to help us with the entire process and even appreciated our thoughts to adopt. With that, again began our journey, with our second baby - but this time with a lot more confidence and love.

Our family was complete - we felt complete and everything around us felt complete, as we watched our son, grow.

As always, life can never get better, can it?

_____________________________________________________

A/N: Thank you so much for the amazing love and support! Please vote and share my story if you found it interesting!

Thank you for reading it! :)