(1) Chapter 2- On Our Own

Flam's POV

"Now Mr. Flam Skim, I want you to make me more of those delicious apple fritters!"
Mr.Rich exlaimed. Does it really taste that good?

"As you wish."
I went back to the kitchen and started making more apple fritters. I started slicing some apples.

"Wow Flam buddy. That looks like your cutie mark."
Billy Steel said. As he pointed at the apple I just sliced. Yeah it does look like my cutie mark. But, the other half I cutted from the apple whole, It looked like..No no no. No more remembering. He can live on his own. And also do I. He just needs time to understand what I meant.

Flim's POV

Fillydelphia is done. Next stop is, Canterlot. Hmmmm. Never been there before. Maybe I shoudn't go. Or maybe yes? I don't know.

"Hmm maybe I should go. But, not in Canterlot. In this town near Canterlot! Its unnamed and an unknown land. Maybe they want yummy cider there."
I first went to the market to buy apples. Thats right. I don't get apples from random trees. Only Flam would think of that..It's better to have them fresh.

"10 barrels of fine red apples please."
I said to the salespony.

"That would be 100 bits."

"Here."
I have him 100 bits and lifted the barrels onto the Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000. And in 3 minutes, I was done putting them in.

I leaved Manehattan and headed for the unknown town. Maybe i'll have many buyers there! Time for another song and dance number!

*

As I entered the little town, The townsponies stared at the cider-making train. I got off the train and started my song number.

"Well lookie---"

"Please. No song numbers. We already know you."
An old man said.

"Oh pardon me. How did you know?"

"Your the famous FlimFlam Brothers. Your Flim I presume?"

"Yes I Am."
Are we That famous already?

"Wow! I always loved your ciders! In fact, the whole town loves it!"

"YEAH!!!"
The townsponies shouted.

"Thats great to hear everypony! Now who wants a cup of our delicious cider!"

"ME!!!"
They quickly lined up infront of me. I started the machine and it also started making the cider. Oh like good ol' days!

"Hmmmm..Its always so delicious! But, there is something missing.."
The old man said as he took a sip.

"Um what would that be sir?"

"You know, when you and your brother came here a couple of months ago, when we tasted your cider, we felt the love that you colts put in your cider. But now, there's no love in it at all.."
I was shocked by his words. Love? Did we even put love while making our cider?

I disagree. If we put love in our cider, then why did Flam abandoned our cider making business? And even left his own brother.
It doesn't make any sense.

"Thats great but..Its hard to explain.."
I said while looking at the old man.

"Well young colt, things that are hard to explain are the things that hurt you the most. Am I correct?"

"Yeah...."
I continued selling cider while we were talking.

"You see, When I was at your age, I had a brother. He was the best brother ever. We always sticked together. But, one day, he just shut me out and never talked to me again. It was hard, and months later, he left me alone."
I can't believe that somepony is actually in the same situation just like me.