•Chapter 17•

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐
Ease

•TW : Violence, Blood, Gore•

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

You pulled out your blade from its sheath and swiftly sliced off the arms of the demon who's hands were gripping on an injured demon slayer's neck.

The arms fell to the floor as the demon stepped back in shock, looking at his bloodied arms on the floor then back at where its arms were supposed to be in. The demon blinked twice in shock before it glared at the human who interrupted it, pausing with a slight flinch at the sight of a familiar woman that he did not recognise.

You stood in front of the demon slayer who was now holding her neck as she coughed and tried to steady her breaths on the dirt ground. Your free arm raised to the side protectively as the other was pointing your blade towards the dumbfounded demon threateningly.

You hesitantly glanced at the demon slayer behind you, noting her obvious injuries and possibly broken leg before looking back at the demon with your usual cold stare.

The demon seemed to be deep in thought as you look at your surroundings at things that might help you keep the demon slayer safe as you dealt with the demon. You eyes landing on a tree branch, low and strong enough for you to put the demon slayer there without the risk of falling off the tree and earning more injuries.

You internally nodded at your small plan as you glanced at the demon slayer behind you again, making sure to pay attention to the enemy as well. The demon slayer was now breathing more steadily compared to earlier as you sheathed your blade and made your way beside her, gently taking her arm and slinging it over your shoulders as your other hand gently held her waist to keep her from falling to the ground.

Her eyes widened at the action as she started frantically telling you that she was fine and you didn't need to help her more as you've helped her enough. You shook your head signifying that it was your own decision as she continued her frantic talking.

You looked back at the shock stunned demon who blinked twice before it got into an offensive stance as it grit its teeth in anger. It lunged towards you two as you reacted quickly by pulling her by the waist and swung her body so your other arm could make its way behind her knees, now holding her bridal style as you dodged the attack swiftly.

The girl in your arms had her mouth agape as she watched you dodge more attacks from the demon with a seemingly calm expression. You on the other hand was very focused on the fight, your tunnel vision making it hard for you to be both on the offensive and defensive position, whilst being alert of other potential enemies that may attack from anywhere.

You scoffed as you watched the demon lift its leg up to deliver a drop kick, narrowing your eyes before bucking your legs and quickly swiping a leg at the demons only support to its weight. You stumbled back as you try to regain your stance, careful not to trip due to you suddenly dropping both yours and the girls weight to go on offensive.

The demon landed on his back as he quickly tried to pick himself up before he was stopped my a head splitting migraine, he yelped as he clutched his head in his hands. A loud ringing was all he heard before a voice interrupted, a voice that sent shivers down his spine.

"Accept your fate and let yourself be beheaded, you lowly peasant."

A deep masculine voice that shocked him with fear, it didnt take a genius to figure out who this voice belonged to as the authority and intimidating tone alone was enough to make him realise, this man was the same man he served. The demon progenitor.