Chapter 38

At dawn the sleeping city of Tokyo was brought to life as people of all ages and walks of life arose from their slumber. The streets were bustling with businesses opening, the morning rush, and friendly greetings everywhere you looked. Not a single block went without people decked out in volleyball equipment heading to the stadium or civilians setting up live streams in restaurants, shops, offices, or homes. For those associated with the world of volleyball, the sunlight shining and morning alarms blaring signaled the beginning of day two. For everyone else today was the gathering of all to witness once more the high-level skills the nation has to offer in terms of this season's high school volleyball circuit. In other words, whether your team was playing or not, the nation was going all out; nobody could escape the volleyball sports news and updates.

Back at the hotel, Inarizaki, still in high spirits from yesterday's game, got ready and made their way to the stadium. On the walk there some of the players were bundles of nerves from head to toe, while others exuded confidence ready to face their next opponents. Entering the stadium, the crowds were still small because they arrived super early, being one of the first matches of the day.

Mere moments later, Itachiyama were making their way into the stadium. Seeing familiar faces, the two teams merged, conversing as they had done the day prior. The coaches allowed this cross-player interaction since they won't have the chance to compete until close to the finals from being in different tournament blocks. It took some convincing, but Komori managed to drag Sakusa with him to hang out with their fellow first years.

Komori: Hello Everyone!

Sakusa: Hello.

Atsumu, Osamu, Suna, and Ginjima: Hi.

Atsumu: How's it going Omi-kun?

Sakusa: Don't call me that. I told you yesterday it's embarrassing. I prefer to be called Sakusa. Not Omi-kun or whatever other nicknames you could come up with.

Atsumu: Ahh right, ya did mention that. It was also around the same time ya made fun of my little sister's name.

Osamu: Aye Tsumu quit it, would ya. We already made fun of Sakusa yesterday after it happened.

Suna: Tone it down, Atsumu.

Ginjima: Cut the guy some slack.

Komori: Does Atsumu normally hold grudges?

Osamu: Anything concerning himself no, but towards friends and family yes.

Suna and Ginjima: Yes.

Atsumu: What! I do not.

Komori: I see.

Sakusa: I barely know you, and even I know that's a fact.

Atsumu: Whatever... Okay, let me try this again. Not Omi-kun. How's it going, Tokyo punk?

Komori: Woah Tokyo punk never heard that one before.

Sakusa: Why do I even bother? Just stick to Omi-kun.

Osamu: I swear sometimes it's like I'm talking to a wall.

Suna: Okay, cool. Ignore all of what we said.

Ginjima: Oh, Atsumu, you worry me sometimes.

Atsumu: I'm surprised ya made it past round one.

Sakusa: Oh, please. You and I both know it's no surprise. Itachiyama Institute is a powerhouse in Tokyo nonetheless, and every year is always picked as the winning tournament favorite.