1: Welcome to the Isles

Ari's POV

I sit in my room, waiting for my parents to leave. I don't want them to know that I'm planning on leaving the house for the day, especially because I'm grounded, and they would kill me, or more specifically, my mother would (mommy issues, am I right). I only want to go to the library and do some shopping.

"Bye Ariella! See you tonight!" Mum yells as she closes the front door. I hear her car pull away from the driveway. A few minutes later, my dad follows suit. I wait 10 minutes to make sure that they're gone.

I leave my room with my backpack. In it I have the following, phone, charger pack, camera, photo album (it's tiny and I carry it with me wherever I go), purse, notebook, pen, facemask, hand sanitizer, pj's, spare clothes, toothbrush, toothpaste and deodorant (I may have to spend the night elsewhere, you never know).

I grab my bike from the garage and my keys from by the door. I lock the house up and start riding. First off, I go to the RSL. There's a book box out the front of it. As normal, I look for any interesting books but find none.

I head over to the library. It's about a 5-minute ride, or at least it should've been. I stopped about halfway to take some photos of the ducks in the lake.

I ride around the corner and the library is right there. I lock my bike and walk inside. I spend about 40 minutes in there before checking out 2 books, one on Alexander Hamilton, and the other on computers (it's for when I get into contact with my brother, so that we have something to talk about). I grab my bike and start pedaling home.

As I turn into my street, I notice a weird glow coming from a path behind some houses. I follow the glow until I reach the source of it, a weird door. I hop off my bike and wheel it with me. I walk towards the door and reach for the handle. I hesitate. Who knows what could be on the other side, maybe it's one of those magic portal doors that you see in movies.

I gather up the courage, and twist the handle, pulling open the door. I step back to admire the night sky looking glow, I can't see what's on the other side due to it.

I take a deep breath and step through it, still wheeling my bike.

Eda's POV

I walk to the portal door and stand by it. Luz and Amity went to visit Camila in the Human realm and should be back any minute now. I told them that I'd meet with them when they came back. Suddenly the portal door opens. I prepare for Luz and Amity, but instead a small kid with a bike walks out. They look about 140cm with two different coloured eyes and black hair that's tied up into two plaits.

"Ok, I am definitely not in Melbourne anymore." the kid says. Their voice tells me that they are most likely female. She turns around and stops when she looks at me.

"Ok, definitely not on earth anymore," she whispers to herself. She drops her bike and takes a few steps back, almost as if she's scared. Her hands curl into fists.

"Hi," I say. "No need to be scared. I won't hurt ya." She tucks loose strands of her hair behind her shoulders and starts fiddling with a hair tie that's on her wrist. I notice that her ears are round, like Luz's are, so she's probably a human. Then the portal door opens again and out comes Luz and Amity. Talk about convenient timing, am I right?

"Hi Eda." They both say. Then Luz, noticing the serious look on my face, says, "what happened?" I I shift my eyes to look at the kid who's trying to put on a brave face but cannot seem to hide the fear in her eyes.

Amity and Luz both follow my eyes and spot the kid with a gasp.

"Eda, you better not have kidnapped her!" says Amity. Luz shakes that shock out of her face and takes a deep breath. She makes eye contact with Amity and nods. Amity moves to stand next to me as Luz slowly steps towards the kid. The kid tries to step back but ends up tripping over. Luz stops and stands about 2 meters away from the girl on the ground. 

I hope you all enjoyed that first chapter. Also, who else can't wait for season 3 ep 3 to be out. 

- Bel (Edited) 27.4.23 (762 words)