Remus, 1977

"They're not gonna hate you, Liz."

"Oh, you don't know that." She huffed, adjusting the red scarf that had been wrapped around her neck, courtesy of Remus on her sixteenth birthday. "They could be secret Elizabeth Blanc haters, you don't know."

Remus rolled his eyes with admiration, his winning smile playing on his lips as Elizabeth pouted in the passenger seat. Autumn leaves of several hues flew through the air as Remus' 1971 Chrysler sailed across the little town street, a soft Bob Dylan folk tune humming through the air. The almost-broken windows were rolled down to their hilts, the cool fall air filling their hair instead of the busted air conditioning.

"Well, if they hate you, there's a last time for everything." Remus grinned.

"Don't be smart." She shot back, trying to keep the smile from her lips.

"Just saying, love." He replied. "We really do have that issue."

"What issue?"

"We both care too much about what others think." He quietly hummed. "It's a travesty. We could be so cool."

Elizabeth laughed at Remus' inner thoughts, a light red tint resting on the top of her nose from the cool breeze. Her hair flew in the wind, almost creating a wild halo on top of her head. Her dark brown sweater ( the same one she had stolen from her lover in fourth year ) shrouded her from the cold. Autumn had always been his favorite; maybe it was because of the way she looked in muted hues.

"Hey, do you think — "

Elizabeth's sentence was cut off as she looked over to the gaping wizard, her cheeks heating at his awestruck stare. "What?" She laughed breathily.

The speedometer reached 65.

"Nothing."

75.

"Are you sure? Because you look like James when he was telling us how Lily was staring at his "quidditch arms" during Transfiguration."

80.

"Exactly."

Elizabeth smiled at the cheeky grin on his face, her cheeks somehow heating even more. "You sure know how to make a girl blush, Moony." She turned to the windshield. "Remus!"

At her shriek, Remus slammed on the brakes, barely skimming his forehead past the rubber of the steering wheel. Elizabeth caught herself on the dashboard at the sudden jerk of movement, her jaw slack as they stopped. They both slowly raised their heads to look through the glass.

He almost ran the red light.