Elizabeth, 1980

"Come on, love, let's walk home."

Remus' slurring was cut off by a loud call through the bar, the noise ringing through Elizabeth's ears. Pubs like this really were her cup of tea, but with her husband drunkenly screaming in her ear the whole night after getting wasted at four in the afternoon, her nerves were more than shot. Surprising, especially when she spent seven years of her life around rowdy Gryffindors that threw parties after they, nine times out of ten, won the Quidditch games they played every week.

Remus drunkenly yelled back at the wizard about thirteen feet away from them, his shout rattling her brain and making her wince at the assault on her eardrums. He stumbled against the bar as he took a happy chug of the whiskey in his fist, the burning sensation welcomed by his throat. He scrunched up his nose, his darling smile appearing on his face after more alcohol intake.

"Please, my darling?" He begged, running his hands over cotton bodice, resting his palms over the two month embryo resting at her belly button. His fingers began to go higher, higher toward her bust, but his eyes remained on hers. "It'll be loads of fun, and besides, drunk James is getting on my nerves."

"Now you know how I've felt the whole night." She muttered to herself. Remus didn't seem to hear.

"Lilibet, you know I hate stinky old cabs." He frowned, a slight whine gracing his words as he scrunched his eyebrows together. "Especially after watching Taxi Driver."

"If you want to walk back home so much, you shouldn't be drinking anymore, Remus — "

"Don't tell me when I've had enough, I'm not a toddler." Remus shot back, the smart-ass tone Elizabeth had grown to get used to coating his slurred speech. "It's just a little walk."

"I'd really just rather get a cab — "

"If you would like to get a cab over walking with your husband, then be my guest."

Elizabeth sputtered as Remus' playful tone dropped, his eyes hardening as he took another swig of his drink. Her cheeks burned with embarrassment as she felt the eyes of the witches and wizards beside them land on her after the swift change of tone of their conversation. "Remus," she began quietly, rubbing her temples. "I'll walk with you if you just put the drink down. Please?" He raised his eyebrows. "I like you better without it."

Remus took another small sip, before tapping it on the bar repeatedly. "Cut my tab, Franklin, will you?" He asked, his slurred speech becoming clearer by the second as he set four galleons on the bar top.

Remus didn't open his mouth for the rest of the night.