Elizabeth, 1973

"What the hell?!"

Elizabeth's shriek rang through the echoey acoustics of the third year girl's dormitory, her shocked yet furious expression set on the sight of her hair.

Those. Fucking. Bastards.

Lily's hands were slapped over her agape jaw, her eyes locked and frozen on the pile of pink dye that splattered on the crown of her dorm mate's scalp that came from the hood of her robes. It was bright, brighter than anything in the entire dorm; obviously enchanted with some kind of spell that had come out of the Marauders' Charms textbooks from first damn year.

Elizabeth scooped the majority of the dye into her palms, her hands shaking with rage as she tried to inhale, exhale. Inhale, exhale.

Fuck that shit.

All four of her dorm mates watched as she stormed out of the room, her mary janes clicking as she stomped down the Girl's Dormitory stairs to the Gryffindor common room. Her mind was set on one thing.

Four things, to be exact.

It was almost as if the groups of students separated for Elizabeth, her presence parting the Gryffindors like the Red Sea for Moses. She blundered toward the group her rage was simmering on, their stupid little chortles and their stupid little jokes filling the air as she got closer. They looked to be in the middle of some sort of muggle chess tournament, something that made her fury become even deeper. How dare they act like they have some sort of intelligence when they decided to perform the most immature act she had ever seen been done.

As she stormed up to the four tricksters, she quickly threw the dye in her hands directly in the closest Marauders face. The other three sputtered, their loud laughs filling the room as they looked upon their friend with slimy pink dye splattered all over his face.

Remus' mouth was agape as he smeared the dye from off of his eyes, shock being the only thing on his mind as his classmate stood before him, trying to push down the urge to throw the rest on his little friends.

"You little assholes can eat shit." She hissed, specifically at James whom she knew orchestrated it. "Especially you, Potter."

"You said at lunch you wanted a change for your hair!" James laughed incredulously, putting his hands up. "You literally asked for it."

"I didn't want pink, you bafoon!" Elizabeth shot back, balling her fists beside her. She turned back to Remus, pointing her finger in his face. "And you! You helped!"

"Blanc, you are a basketcase." Sirius scoffed with a smile. His words hurt, but she knew he wasn't being serious. Not fully, anyway. "It's not that big of a deal. It's just hair."

Remus' ears pricked up at his best friends words, his hand that was covered in dye flying to Sirius' hair. He wiped his pink hand over the ebony chunks of hair, making the other three gasp in utter shock. Even James knew not to lay a finger on Sirius' hair. Curses Elizabeth wouldn't dare to repeat left the pureblood boy's mouth, hurling himself toward Remus and tackling him to the stone floor.

Sirius began frantically clawing at the dye, quickly rubbing it everywhere he could reach on Remus' robes. James, Peter, and Elizabeth watched in awe at the two boys fighting, their laughing becoming almost hysterical as Remus pushed Sirius off of him. He looked over at Elizabeth as he wiped the dye of his cheek, smiling as she let a grin break over her face at the sight of him.

"We all need a change now and then, don't we, Blanc?" He asked.

She blinked quickly, removing the smile that was unfamiliar. "I..." she paused. "I suppose so."

And with that, she turned back to the Girl's staircase, her eyebrows furrowed at the small act her Potions partner did in her defense.