Part 29

Longing stares ached at Nadia's heart strings, gravity pulling her towards her old friends, grief an overpowering depth she wasn't used to. She had mourned them for five years, it was surreal for her. But they couldn't truly reunite, not with the situation at hand. She knew it had to be serious, they were standoffish- almost unaffected by her return.

And as Ned starts to open another portal (Nadia confused on how he got a sling ring), a different man reveals himself. It wasn't Peter.

"Great, so it's just some random guy" Ned huffs in frustration, mainly at himself as he feels as if he was failing the team.

"Hello! Um... I hope it's okay," he turns around, portal shrinking and then vanishing "I just came through this, uh... It just closed."

"You're Peter?" MJ asks him, Nadia shuffling slightly closer to her Peter.

"Yeah. Peter... Parker? I-I've seen you two..." he trails of, looking towards Ned's Lola, waving at her, the older woman giving a sly smile.

But his attention gravitates towards the spider-man at Nadia's side, both of them standing opposite each other.

"Wait, he's... He's not your friend..."

Their eyes lock in a stare, Peter pushing Nadia out of the way quickly before shooting a web, the same time the older guy does, both flipping over to avoid the hit, Peter landing on the table. The man shoots another web, over Peter's wrists, restraining his defence mechanism.

"Wait, so you're Spider-Man, too? Why didn't you just say that?" Ned asks, as if the answer was obvious.

"Uh, I don't go around generally advertising it. It kinda defeats the whole "anonymous superhero" thing." The man reply's, Peter's eyes widening.

"That's what I just said..."

"That's what he just said." MJ mutters.

Ned's Lola looks towards Ned, before saying "Ikaw, ha? Nagkalat ka nanaman. Linisin mo lahat ng mga basura mo dito. At ikaw? Alam mo na gusto ko itong bahay natin, maayos, pero tingnan mo. Dumi dito, dumi doon."

"My Lola's asking if you could clean up the webs that you just shot."

"Oh. Sorry, Lola."Her Peter apologises, beginning to clean up, Nadia smiling at him.

"Yes, of course."

"I'm going to bed." She huffs, walking up the stairs and away from the commotion. 

"Good night, Lola."

"Good night... Ned's Lola."

"This might seem kind of weird, but... I've been trying to find your friend ever since I got here. I just had this sense that... that he needs my help."

"Our help." Peter buts in.

"What the hell has happened anyways?" Nadia asks, her head turning to look at Mj and Ned.

Ned sighs "Peter's identity was revealed.

Her eyes widened "how?"

"A guy called Mysterio revealed it after Peter caught him, made up a whole story about how Peter was evil and wanted to be the next iron man" Ned rushes out.

Nadia pauses "what do you mean, next iron man?"

Mj's eyes widen "you don't know?"

"Know what?"

"Mr Stark died"

It was if the entire world once again stopped spinning. Another person close to her was dead. Why wasn't she surprised? During those five years, and even before that during her training, Tony Stark took her in as one of his own, making up for the shit show that was her father. When Nat wasn't there, Tony was. And now they're both...

"Oh" she muttered, all of a sudden feeling a pressure in her hand. Peter had interlocked his fingers with her own, squeezing them and letting her know he was there.

She shook her head, bigger issues at hand. "Where the hell is he now?" She said, snuffling to disguise her tears eyes, referring to their Peter.

"We don't know where he is. And, um... Honestly, right now, we're all he really has left." MJ muttered, her eyes sliding to look at Nadia whose eyes Dow turned to look on her shoes.

"Well, is there some place, that he might go that has meaning to him? Like a... a place where he would go to just..."

"Get away from everything?" Peter finished.

"For me, it was the top of the Chrysler Building."

"Empire State. Better view." Peter boasted.

Nadia scoffed "never take me up there again, I mean it" she muttered, attempting at lightening the mood, clearing her throat.

"That is a sweet view."

MJ replied, slowly but surely getting the idea "Yes. Yeah, I think I know exactly where that would be."