Part 33

It had been simultaneously decided that Nadia would stay with MJ and Ned. She hesitated at first, being used to fighting side by side with a spider man but soon realised that her two friends didn't have any knowledge on self defence past watching spy kids. They would surely need her, lest anything went wrong.

She hugged each spider man before they left, even the older pastor guy- wishing them a safe ish fight.

But both Peters who truly knew her could see the need in her eyes, the itch in her bones to fight. She was back on familiar waters now, surrounded by people who she knew- who she would actually want to protect. Of course she would want to have a good fight.

Peter 1 had made the decision to lure the 'villains' to him by publicly leaking his location, egging them on and acting as bait. He spoke to the world, millions of people watching him- judging him. She had to fight of the nervous tic to stand with, announce her return to get the attention of him. She knew he didn't do well with it. But she stayed out, stood before MJ and Ned as they waited.

"So are you like...old now?" Ned asked, trying to keep a conversation flowing to forget about what was happening.

Mj swatted at him "Ned!"

"What?" He questioned.

Nadia giggled, turning to face them properly "I'm still the girl you know Ned, I'm just a 5 years older"

"Cool" he shrugged "so are you and that other Peter like, I don't know, dating?" He asked.

Nadia's face flushed, red coating her usual pale complexion, her eyes widened slightly as she cleared her throat.

"It's erm, it's- it's complicated? I think." She nodded to herself.

"Wait so how did you even turn up in his universe?" MJ asked this time, genuinely confused but also curious.

Nadia sighed "I'm still unsure on the physics behind it all. But, it was when we were collecting the infinity stones. I was with Nat and Clint, on a planet called Vormir. We were there collecting the soul stone. We got into a bit of a fight...if you could even call it a fight. It was between one of us, a soul for a soul. Ultimately, Natasha ruled me out completely. Sent me back to the ship. When she saw that I wasn't going back, she widow bit me. And when I woke up, I wasn't on Vormir anymore. I was laying in a dirty alley. That's when Peter found me. He took me back to his house but I ended up tying him to a chair and threatening him. But it all worked out in the end"

"I'm sorry, about Natasha" Mj spoke softly. No pity in her eyes. Nadia was immensely grateful for her in that moment. So she just thanked her and smiled.

"You do realise how cool that sounds, right?" Ned spoke, amazed "not only have you been to literal space, but you've been to another universe. This is beyond words"

Nadia laughed at him, walking over to them and pulling them both into a group hug. None of the trio was particularly fond of physical affection, but they didn't care at this moments they just went along with it.

"Gods, you don't know how hard it was for me when I thought you were all dead" Nadia sighed.

"Yeah...sorry about that" MJ apologised, Nadia waving her off.

"Eh, not your fault"

"We're still your friends, right? Even though you're older and a lot more cooler than us" Ned asked.

"Yes, Ned. We're still friends"

"Okay...cool"

Between the time they had had their conversation, the villains had shown up and the fight had already began. Nadia's very being screamed at her to get involved, to protect what was hers. Though she rooted her feet to the ground, standing further in front of her friends, closer to the opening of the portal.

Peter 1 webbed past, a green box in his grasp.

"Alright, Mj heads up!" He shouted, hurdling the box towards his girlfriend.

"Got it!" She shouted back.

"Alright, Ned close it!" Nadia shouted.

From her provisional vision, she could see Ned with the sling ring on, attempting to close the portal.

"Ned!" She shouted.

"Uh Ned...it's not closing!" Mj shouted, panicked.

"Yeah I know!" He responded, his hands still moving in a circular motion.

"Why isn't it closing?" Nadia asked, sneaking a glance over her shoulder at them.

"I don't know...I-"

"Did you close it before?" MJ asked

"No? No I mean, I've opened some"

The pressure was piling on, especially as the green lizard that was doctor conners spring from the waters, roaring to announce his arrival and becoming alarmingly closer.

"All right, we're gonna do it again. We're just gonna keep trying. Alright. We got it." MJ encouraged him, giving a feeble smile.

Taking a deep breathe in, Ned responds "I got it. Got this."

"Close it. Close it." Nadia speaks.

Looking out of the portal, Nadia notices Dr Conners- the two lock eyes, the lizard seemingly smirking as he makes his ascend towards them.

"Ned, that is a lizard, and we should..." MJ sees him too, the trio departing from the portal, desperately attempting to avoid the giant lizard.

Dr Conners tumbles in, racing towards them before he is kicked into the wall, Peter 1 webbing through the portal, throwing panicked looks at the trio.

"Run!" He screams. They need no more initiations.

They leave through the portal, coming into scaffolding. The cool feeling of hard metal was vastly different from the cement flooring they were just on. Nadia was attempting to run by pros and cons of fighting in scaffolding- finding more cons than she did pros but she could work with that. Nadia made sure to station herself behind Ned, MJ at the front. She'd be able to deal with any surprise attacks, making sure her two closest friends were safe.

Dr Conners had followed them out, chasing them at a rapid speed. The trio try manoeuvring them self through the uppermost level, having to watch themselves on the corners. Desperately, Ned waved his hand and a portal opens to their surprise. A milliard of water pours through, wishing away Dr Conners and knocking him down. Nadia catches Mj grab the anti-reptile serum, having a strong grasp around the tube if only to not let it go.

But Nadia is closer to the lizard than MJ is.

"MJ pass!" She shouts, the serum being thrown her way. But Dr Conners recognises the tube as he attempts to throw Nadia down.

Skilfully, Nadia slides through the lizards legs, finding herself behind him. However, he lurches backwards, teeth going through the glass as Nadia's eyes widen.

Her vision fills with green smoke and as it dispersed, a very human doctor is sat before her.

"Welcome back, Dr Conners" she sarcastically salutes to him.

Almost in embarrassment, he nods his head.