Part 34

So caught up with Dr Conners, she hadn't realised Ned had opened another portal. Not until Dr Strange was stood behind her.

She turns her body, stood before a man she hasn't seen in 5 years. These reunions were getting tiresome now, so all she did was smile and wave.

Though Strange didn't care for her, he was agitated and angry "where is he?"

In a sly movement he reclaims his sling ring, also taking back the green box. Nadia's eyes widened at his gesture to send them home.

"Wait, wait, wait!" MJ shouts.

"Before you do anything, Mister... Doctor Strange, sir, well... Peter's plan is working." Ned fumbles out.

"What plan?" He asks.

"He's curing them." Nadia speaks, Dr Strange's eyes on her, slightly widening as he finally takes her in fully.

"Well, I'll be damned..." he speaks, noticing the man by Nadia's feet, Peter 1 crouched next to him. "Did you just open a portal?"

"Yes... yes, sir. I did." Ned responds, a little too eager.

"Hmm..."

As Strange walks away, Nadia huddles to MJ and Ned, checking them over, making sure they're alright. They were.

They couldn't exactly go anywhere and MJ and Ned couldn't fight, so they stayed at the top of the scaffolding together. Which was ultimately a bad idea.

A bang. That was all they could hear. A terrible, loud sound that pierced through their ears. And then- they were....they were falling? The scaffolding had been exploded, metal bars and flooring falling from underneath them. Nadia had attempted to grab onto something! Anything! But it was no use.

Gravity took a hold of her and the blonde was tumbling to the ground. A scream stuck in her throat, no time for fear. As quick as a reflex, her hand went to her belt loop, her fingers hooking around a wire. Her arm went out in front of her, her brain blocking out the floor that was close underneath her as she shot the wire into a lower level of scaffolding, her body moving towards that instead of the hard floor.

Her heart was in her throat, her veins full of adrenaline. In seconds, her Peter had webbed to her, having already set MJ to the ground. He hadn't seen Nadia when she had fallen, hadn't had enough time to catch her.

Immediately, she was in his arms, wrapped safely in his scent as she breathed heavily into his chest.

"Are you okay?" He asked, checking her over for any wounds.

"I'm okay" she sighed, resting her head against his, out of breathe "I'm fine"

Peter webs them down to Ned and Mj. It was a sight to behold, watching Ned descend wrapped in a cloak. Even funnier as he thanked it.

As soon as her feet were on solid ground, Nadia sprinted to the two of them, embracing them so tightly she was sure they couldn't breathe.

But that relief was soon perished as she could hear grunts behind her. Peter 1 was stood on top of the Captain America shield, battling the green goblin. Well, he was rather beating him down, all of his anger and grief resurfacing.

Nadia's eyes widened as she took in the sight, MJ and Ned stood in shock next to her.

Before Nadia had the chance to move, to get Peter out of the way- to fight him even , if only to not do this, to not regret it all like she had, Pastor Peter had his hands wrapped around the weapon of choice. His face was so serene, so calm. He had expected this, knew it would happen. And like Nadia, hadn't wanted to see him go down this path. But his efforts in vain as the green goblin sliced a dagger through him, pastor Peter falling to his knees beside them.

"She was there... because of you... I may have struck the blow, but you... You are the one that killed her." A sickly, evil smile played on his face, ravishing in his torment.

Nadia might have killed him herself, hadn't her Peter collected his cure, tossing it to Peter 1 who harshly stabs it into Osborn's neck.

Norman looks around, looks at himself, frowns before looking at the teen in front of him... "Peter?"

Nadia had the nerve to feel pity for him, sick bubbling in the base of her throat as she thought about what he had done.

Either way, Nadia made her way to the spider men, encasing them all in hugs, helping them stand pastor Peter upwards.

And as they glanced at the sky, painted in purple hues, cracked like glass, they tilted their heads confused.

"Is... Is that happening? Or am I dying?" Pastor Peter asks.

"No, no, that's happening." Her peter responds.

"Are there people in the sky?"

Up top, Doctor Strange is still trying to hold them back, holding the different variants and villains away from their uninverse. Their silhouettes become somewhat visible.

"I gotta go." Peter 1 sounds.

"Yeah. Yeah, we got him." Nadia responds, pushing Peter 1 away slightly, encouraging him.

But once he was gone, once he was next to Doctor Strange... she had a bad feeling. And as she looked up to her Peter, she realised he was already looking at her too. With sad eyes. As if he knew what was to come.

And when Peter 1 landed next to her, as if the two of them were separating who was from here and who wasn't, tears began to brim in her eyes.

"I-I think this is it. I think you're about to go home. But I... uh... Thank you. I just wanted... I wanna tell you that... I really don't know how to say this, like..." he began, his eyes too, filled with tears.

"Peter."

"I want you to know that I..."

"You know. It's what we do." Pastor Peter responded, shrugging slightly.

"Yeah. It's what we do. Right. I gotta find Ned and MJ." He muttered before looking at Nadia.

When he glanced at her, he pulled her into a tight hug, not letting her process it as he moved into his variants.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!I guess I'll see you."

"Keep safe." They respond.

"Bye." He says finally...to all three of them.

"You're in so much pain, huh?" Her peter asks.

"I am." Pastor Peter responds, grunting.

"Yeah."