Chapter 8🌹

Nifemi's POV

Today was another bad day.

Heyyy!! This is me announcing the obvious.

Everyday is always a shitty day for me but today was even shittier.

It started off with the usual nightmare which would lead to me staring at the top bunk for an hour before proceeding to studying, till the school day began.

Only that today, mother nature decided to say 'Heyo! I'm back to make this week even worse than it usually isʼ.

Not to add the fact that today was visiting day.

My school fixed a day every month where the parents could come check up on their kids.

But it was of no use to me. Nobody ever came, and I was happy about it.

If someone did, I could see myself getting suicidal at the mere sight of them.

Senior Daniel walked past me with a wink as I bit my lip, holding back a smile.

Okay, today wasn't so bad anymore.

I barged into the music room, as I made a loud noise when I slammed the door opened.

“Okay! Let's get this over with” I spoke as I moved my head in a circular motion to exercise my neck a little.

I paused at the sight of Ayo holding a guitar and looking back at me as if I had just caught him stuffing stolen meat into his pants.

Did he play the guitar?!

Or was this just a sad attempt to look sexy?!

Which was working.

But... Oh well!

“Okayyyyyy!” I dragged in an awkward tone as I refused to pry on whatever he had been doing.

If he did play, I didn't care.

If he didn't, it doesn't affect me.

He put the guitar away and moving towards a table he had probably moved here as he sat at one side of it.

I grabbed a chair and placed the papers on the table before sitting.

As I sat, I felt my stomach cramp up as I placed my hand on it, patting it lightly.

I felt Ayo's gaze on me as he looked like he wanted to hold himself from questioning me but he decided to ask anyways.

“You good?!” He asked as a side of my lip curved upwards at his question.

“Never been better!” I retorted not sparing him a glance.

Soooo!!

Quick recap back to the trapped outside the boy's hostel situation.

We both eventually found the key, after hours of searching, at the corner of the store, chilling under the shovel.

I felt super embarrassed at the fact that I had accused him.

I also felt a bit like him.

I mean jerkfaced and all those bad attitude traits, I hated him for.

Only a bit though and it was only for an hour before I was back to full blown hating his ass.

And about what I had found in his pocket, it.........

“Are you just gonna keep staring at those?!” He asked snapping me out of my thought as I rolled my eyes before passing them to him.

“Okay, we are done with a plant, I guess, so...” He trailed off flipping the pages of the spiral binded paper.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *