Chapter 3

tw | mention of alcoholism | mention of overdose | mention of suicide |

if any of these make you uncomfortable, there's the door 🚪

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beep Beep Beep!

I groan as I reach over to my phone and turn off my alarm. Across the room, Chloe is asleep on her bed, snoring lightly. I stay in bed for a few more minutes before getting up to shower and get ready.

------------------time skip-----------------------------------------------------

I get out of the shower and wrap myself in a towel before opening the bathroom door and going to my dresser to pick out an outfit for the day. As I'm looking through the bottom drawer for my black jeans, I hear Chloe get up and a few seconds later feel a light smack on my ass but decide to ignore it as she goes to her dresser to get ready. I find my black jeans and choose to pair them with a red v-neck t-shirt and some black converse hightops. Once I've gotten dressed and done my makeup, I leave the bathroom to grab my backpack, phone, and AirPods before going downstairs for breakfast.

Before I can leave the room, Chloe stops me with a hand on the shoulder, "You were a lot less annoying today. Thanks for trying harder," she whispers in your ear while moving her hand lightly along your arm, causing a slight shiver to run down your spine. She lets go of you and you walk out of the room and down the stairs. You were so deep in your thoughts that you didn't notice Caleb coming up the stairs and you ran into him, almost falling down the stairs when he caught you.

"Woah, you okay?"

"Oh, yeah sorry, just lost in my thoughts."

"Whatcha thinking about?"

"Umm... just something that happened earlier, it's nothing"

"Hope Chloe didn't give you any shit"

"She was actually a lot better today."

"Good. Tell me if she gives you any problems sweetheart."

Sweetheart?

"Yeah, thanks. I will," you say walking down the stairs and to the kitchen even more confused than before.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

in the kitchen, Chelsea has made pancakes and eggs, and you realize that you never told Chelsea that you were vegan. 

I guess I'm not eating breakfast today.

Then you look to the side and notice a loaf of banana bread. you grab a plate a couple of slices and spread some plant butter on it. I wonder why they have vegan butter... eh whatever  

you go sit at the table with Noah. he looks at your plate and his eyes widen and he looks away. You hear Chloe come downstairs and fill her plate. then she comes and sits next to you.

'Why are you eating my banana bread?" She spats as she sits down.

"Because I can't eat pancakes and eggs," you say turning to her, slowly taking a bite.

You hear Noah hastily get up and go to a different room.

"And why not?"

"Because I'm vegan," I say matter of factly. 

"Well, it's my banana bread"

"and I can't eat anything else"

"then just don't eat"

"what so you want me to starve?"

"If you have to"

"well, I'm already eating it so there's nothing you can do about that," you say finishing the last bite.

"oh my god, just get out of my face."

"I get out of your face? you're the one who started this whole argument"

"Just leave! I didn't want you here in the first place!"

"And I didn't want to be here in the first place! You think I wanted my dad to drink himself into a coma? You think I wanted my mom to overdose? You think I wanted my 13 year old brother to kill himself? I DIDN'T WANT ANY OF THIS! SO GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS AND REALIZE THAT NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT YOU!" you say grabbing your thing and walking out the front door and starting to walk to school.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

heyyy! I'm back, I finally got over my writer's block and I'm back in the game.

lmk how you liked this chapter!

bye lovessss <3<3<3