TWO

TIME SKIP 4 WEEKS

NO ONE POV

MJ was looking forward to playing for Barcelona but she knew she would have to work double in order to play. Barcelona was a hard team to get playing time in they were a world-class team and she knew that she was going to be playing the bench for a while which she was pissed about but she knew that's how everyone's career started to expect when you played on the NWSL. She had never wanted to go play for the NWSL but a part of her wouldn't mind playing for the NWSL even if it was just one season.

The practice was going well for MJ she was showing that she deserved to be there just like everyone else but a part of her couldn't help but wonder how her playing time would be for Barcelona. She didn't mind not being a starter but she also didn't want to spend most of her season sitting on the bench she was an elite player she deserves a lot of playing time.

Today would be MJ's first game with Barcelona which was something she was looking forward to she wasn't nervous or anything she was happy that this day had come. MJ was sure she would get playing time she had been prating amazing she had been putting in the work and she knew that but the coaching staff didn't believe MJ was ready, especially against Lyon.

STARTING LINE UP

BARCELONA

1-S.Panos

8-M. Torrejon

2-I- Paredes

4-M. P. Leon

16- F. Rolfo

14- A.Bonmati

12- P. Guijarro

11- A. Putellas

7- C. Graham Hansen

10- Jenni

9- M. Caldentey

On the bench was

5 M. Serrano 6 C. Pina 15 L. Ouahabi 17 MJ 18 A.Crnogorcevic 20 Asisat Oshoala 22 Lieke Martens 23 ingrid Syrstad Engen 24 Gemma Font 

There were rumors going around the team about Mapi and Ana and I had already known they broke up because Ana talked to me about it was I surprised that Mapi and Ana didn't work out no.  Apparently, Mapi had fallen in love with someone else and she played for Barcelona too which was very strange 

It was game time and Barcelona had been playing well. it was the 30th minute when Lyon crossed the ball to Hegerberg and it was a goal for Lyon.

in the 45th min, Mapi crosses the ball to Jenni who just had to tap it in but she takes a touch and it's blocked.

It was half time and instead of MJ going into the locker room she starts shooting the ball and doing some footwork before making her way to the bench and taking a seat.

Alexia walks and takes a seat next to MJ but doesn't say anything.

"You're playing good stop stressing," MJ tells Alexia MJ could always read Alexia they both could which was why they were close.

" I'm not stressing I'm just thinking" Alexia answered thinking she could lie to MJ

" Well think quieter please," MJ said

"You're leaving after this aren't you," Alexia said she knew MJ wasn't happy at the club anymore with the little time she had been getting

"I am so much better than what these people think but they don't trust me so maybe" MJ was being honest  she was no longer happy the most time she would play was 15 minutes

"You need to give the managers time you. have only been here for what 4 weeks" Alexia didn't like the idea of MJ leaving

"I know what's best for my career and I need a loan you should get your head into the game and start scoring some goals" MJ was always supportive of Alexia no matter what

The second half began and as soon as Alexia got the ball you could see she wanted to win.

in the 50th min Alexia has a ball outside of the box and takes a shot and scores she runs to the bench and celebrates with MJ it reminded them of the old times when MJ would go watch her play.

In the 55th min, C. Graham Hansen was subbed off and MJ went in.MJ automatically looked for Alexia and played the ball to her to which Alexia just took a touch and shot it right in and once again it was a goal for Alexia Putellas. MJ went back to the middle instead of celebrating with Alexia. The score was now 2-1.

In the 60 min, Lyon had a chance to score which was easily blocked. the score would remind 2-1 till the 90 min in which Alexia passed the ball to MJ and MJ found herself in front of the keeper of Lyon and she just chip the ball over the goalie. 3-1 was the score and MJ was headed straight to the locker room when Ellie carpenter and Danielle van de donk stopped her to talk to her. They agreed on going to get coffee the next day. 

Alexia watched this interaction and felt as though she was losing MJ and it hurt her because she and MJ had finally started to be in a good place. Alexia went to find Mapi and asked her if she knew her sister wasn't happy here and all Mapi said is I don't care if she leaves or not. Which upset Alexia a lot because she thought Mapi would care but deep down Mapi did care she was just tired of how MJ was to her.