23- Bullet

Braeden works on the gun in her hands. Curiously, I watch her work, occasionally glancing up at Derek. Scott had brought us here to Argent Arms, a factory that Chris owns. A lot seemed to have happened when I was in the midst of changing forms and when I had that breakdown. Kira had found another pack, Satomi's pack, and had brought them into safety after nearly being killed by a bunch of assassins.

The pack is together, sitting and standing against the opposite wall. Most of them are beaten and bruised, some with slices in their skin. They look as if they have been through hell and they probably have.

Scott walks up Derek. "They'll be okay."

"They've got claws and fangs, but they're not fighters." Derek shakes his head, walking back to the table.

"That's why I called you." Scott follows him.

Derek stops just as he reaches where I am sitting on the table. "Well, try to remember I don't have claws and fangs anymore either." He doesn't move when I pat his shoulder.

Braeden walks around the table to join the small circle the four of them have created. "That's why he called me."

"Am I the only one still hoping this is all just a false alarm?" Kira shakes her head, obviously scared by the whole situation. "I mean, it's possible we could wait here all night and nothing happens, right?"

I give Kira a sad smile. Even I know that the assassins will be here tonight. There's no way that they would pass up an opportunity like this to kill all of us in one go. They want us all dead.

"Scott, you heard anything from Stiles or Lydia yet?" Braeden switches the conversation to something different.

"Lydia's still talking to Meredith." I speak up for the first time in the past thirty minutes. I thread my fingers together.

Scott nods to what I am saying. "Stiles and Malia are headed to the lake house. They're trying to stop it."

Brett stands up and faces the five of us. "What if there is no stopping it? What if it doesn't end until we're all dead?"

Everyone in the room falls silent. All of us have thought about that. We don't know how to make it stop. I peer up at Derek to see him staring at the floor. I don't want to lose anyone else to this deadpool. I can't lose my friends, I can't lose Derek.

"Then let's send a message." Derek says, loud enough for everyone to hear. "Let's make something perfectly clear to anyone with a copy of that list. It doesn't matter if they're professional assassins, hunters, or an amateur who just picked up a gun." Derek wanders over to windows, holding his gun in the air in front of him. "Anyone who thinks they can hunt and kill us for money, is gonna be put on another list. Our list. They get to be a name on our dead pool."

Braeden cocks her gun in arguement. I share a worried look with Kira. Neither of us are ready to kill anyone. I can't possibly kill someone, even if they are trying to kill me. Derek's eyes meet mine, as if he knows what I'm thinking.

Braeden takes a step closer. She grabs a hand gun from the table. "Here." Her hand is outstretched for me to take. "You're going to need something to protect yourself."

I awkwardly hold the gun in my hands. "I- I can't shoot anyone."

"You can if you're about to die." Braeden states.

An alarm goes off throughout the building. I jump off of the table just as Argent announces that they are here. A few canisters are thrown in the room, immediately releasing some kind of gas. Derek grabs my arm, forcefully dragging me behind a wall. Only a matter of seconds pass before gunshots are going off in every direction.

I hold the gun in my hand, not planning on using it. The whole factory is filled with guns firing and white smoke. Derek jumps away from the wall, shooting the hunters with his own gun. My back is pressed against the wall, arms over my head as bullets fly everywhere. I'm too scared to move, afraid that I'll get hit.

"Stay back!" Derek yells at me, aiming at someone else.

I heavily breathe against the wall, internally freaking out. Aside from the gunshots, I can hear the hunters moving around the room, hear their footsteps on the ground, their guns being reloaded. I can hear everyone's heart beat and hear some stop. Everything is so loud.

I press my hands to my ears, silently willing for all of it to stop. If I'm an Alpha now, I should be out there helping everyone, but I can't move.

"Stay here!" Derek climbs up from his crouched position.

I reach out for him as he takes off running, firing off his gun. "Derek, no!" A bullet whizzes past my head and I quickly hide behind the wall. The gun is laying by my feet, already loaded.

"How many are there?" Derek yells from somewhere else in the room.

"Too many!" Braeden shouts back.

I'm not cut out for this kind of thing. A boot steps around the wall on the other side. I slide against the wall when a hunter appears in front of me. His gun immediately points down at me and kick my foot up to move it away from me. The man tries to point it back at me, but I sweep my leg out and he falls to the ground.

I crawl on the ground to get to the gun when I feel his hands attach to my ankle. His hands drag me backwards, my fingers just brushing against the gun. I don't plan on killing him, but a bullet to the leg or arm is enough to stop him. I kick my other leg back, slamming the bottom of my shoe into his face. He grunts.

I push myself forward, fingers clasping around the gun handle. I spin around on my back, pointing the barrel of the gun up at the man's chest, who was already on his feet. My breath comes in short gasps when I see his own gun by his feet. My finger tenses around the trigger, yet I can't pull it. A smirk is seen through his mask. I drop my hands a little, pulling the trigger.

The man yells out in pain as the bullet lodges itself in his thigh. His blood splatters on the wall and on my own face. I scrunch my face up.

My brow furrows when I hear phone buzzes all around me. The man backs up, hands in the air. He doesn't even bother to pick his gun up. He just limps away and disappears in the cloud of white smoke. I lower the gun, letting my head fall back to the ground, exhaling in relief.

I just shot someone.

"Arden!" Derek shouts from somewhere in the factory.

I push myself up from the ground, racing around the corner to find where Derek is. He's standing in an open space, others surrounding the arm, unharmed, aside from a little bleeding. I run over to him, shoving the gun into Braeden's hand on the way over. I jump in Derek's arm, holding on to his neck, tightly.

Derek gently pushes me back, eyes locking on the blood on my face.

I shake my head. "Not mine." I look towards Braeden. "Who knew video games would help me shoot a man in his leg?"

"Is it over?" Kira asks all of us. "Really over?"

Scott nods. "All contracts have been terminated." He holds up a phone with a message from the Benefactor.

XXXXX

Not very long, but I'm working on the next chapter now. I didn't want the next parts together. Two episodes to go. How crazy is that?

Arden shot someone in the leg. I didn't plan on having her do that, but then I thought, why not? She's an Alpha now. She's going to be doing things she would never do before. Like how she kicked the guy's gun. That was just an instinct.

Technically, she does know how to fight. Derek was teaching her, remember. So, she stills have those skills. However, I was thinking since she's an Alpha werefox now, she should already be good at some things, like she already knows how to do them.

Question: Who's not ready for this to end?

Also, who would not be against me doing a The 100 story?

So, yeah!