The Estate

Guillermo Lorca Garcia H, La Cama Inglesa, 2016

"Hades: 'Tell them that you weren't hungry, tell them you followed the pomegranates seeds because they tasted like blood, like love.' " - Pauline Albanese.

Trigger Warning (TW): Explicit content on assault, obsession, sexual imagery.

"If I didn't follow her, things would be way worse." Jacob smirks while watching Alice silently fume. "My instincts are never wrong-"

"You could have taken her back to her place," Alice grunts back," Why did you bring her here?"

Because it's where she belongs.

"You don't even have to say it because I know what you're thinking. You can't just do shit like this."

"Watch your mouth, Alice," Jacob warns," From what I remember, I can do what I want because who will stop me?"

They stare at each other, Jacob's eyes darkly persuading Alice to oppose it. Alice doesn't speak and begrudgingly looks down at the floor.

"Someone could have seen you."

"And we would take care of that."

"...We could prevent that with other productive ways-"

"I think you're not understanding me well, Alice." He steps away from the desk and comes face to face with the blonde, eyes domineering and threatening.

"I didn't shoot and fight my way to the top so I could be afraid of whoever would have the audacity to stop me," Alice tenses up at Jacob's words," There's no one in this whole world who would go against me. There's no one that can. "

He places a hand on Alice's shoulder who flinches.

"Also," Jacob begins to speak in Russian," We're the cleaners. If we can't clean up our own mess, then how can we call ourselves what we are? "

"The police don't even bother to investigate when they know we're behind it. All of them on our side: the elites, the politicians, the lobbyists, the banks, everyone. I can enter their houses and put five bullets in them before the security alarms can go off. They can't stop me and soon, they will work for me. For us."

"And I'm saying this for Veronica's sake," cold eyes set on Jacob's," Leave her out of this as much as possible. "

"You must know me better than that," Jacob walks back to the desk in the study and sits in his chair, leaning in," As long as I'm alive, she's safe."

"And you think she's safe here?"

"I know she is."

Alice shakes his head and diverts his eyes away from Jacobs. He knows he's completely serious in his own wicked way. For years, Alice had been trying to keep Veronica away from Jacob. He told Lizzy all about Jacob's killings, including mentioning his own assignments so she would warn Veronica. He was so angry with her when he found out she was withholding information from the poor girl. He mentioned to her how psychotic he was in boarding school and how Alice feared every night he wouldn't wake up in the morning with Jacob as a roommate. When Alice found him covered in blood after massacring their old teacher and classmates.