Chapter 19 - Part 1

Two weeks. Two long weeks. That’s how long it had taken Louis to finally receive any kind of communication from Harry. Sure he’d thought about waiting outside his school as the final bell rang or his house, even just to get a glimpse at the boy to know he was okay, but you know, that’s creepy. And Louis didn’t want to get caught by anyone, so he pushed away temptation and stayed put, just waiting for something to come, anything to come. And anything came in the form of a message. Louis was confused at first, as he’d gotten a Facebook message from a Niall Horan, whom he’d never meet nor was he friends with, but when he’d noticed the ‘Harry xx’ at the end of it, he’d instantly scrolled up, eyes moving quickly to read the words on his phone screen.

Dear Lou,

Firstly, I am so sorry Louis. Sorry for getting you into this situation and sorry for letting us get caught. I should have been more careful. I should have known something like this could have happened. I should have been prepared. I let you down Louis, and for that I am so incredibly sorry.

I miss you. How are you? I’m fine. Well, sorta. I cry a lot and wish things were different. But I’m friends with Liam and Niall again, just like old times, which is good. They’re helping me with all this. Um. I’m doing okay, so there’s no need to worry. It’s all fine at home and things…mostly.

I love you Louis, and I hope that soon we’ll be back together I mean. If we’re meant to be together we will be, right? Please just tell me we’ll see each other again, because the only thing getting me through this is the thought of being with you again. God I love you! I have to go now, but I’ll see you soon right? Right?

Harry xx

After reading that, Louis couldn’t take it anymore. He threw his phone and screamed, he punched holes in the wall and threw more things and yelled and cried and fell to the floor in a messy, sobbing heap. Zayn had come home to a very distort figure huddled in the living room corner. He listened to Louis’ desperate calls for Harry with his arms wrapped around his friend’s waist, trying to calm him with soothing words. He’d never seen Louis this upset and it hurt Zayn to watch him reach frantic hands out for Haz, Haz, Harry! as his body shook with hard sobs. 

Once Louis had finally calmed down, he’d collapsed in Zayn’s arms; cheeks sticky with tears and breaths still a little shaky. Zayn had carried Louis to his bedroom, tucking him into bed with a kiss to his forehead. 

“Please be okay Lou,” he whispered as he closed his door quietly. 

Zayn headed back out to the living room, cleaning up a little before he spotted Louis’ phone on the coffee table. Biting his lip, Zayn reached for it and searched through Louis’ contacts, stopping on Anne’s name. He took a deep breath before hitting call.

“Hello?” A women’s voice spoke.

“Ah hello, is this Anne? Harry’s Styles’ mother?” 

“Yes it is, who is this?”

“Um, hi mam, my name’s Zayn Malik.”

“And what can I do for you, Zayn Malik?”

“Um. I’m friends with your son and his babysitter, Louis Tomlinson?”

Anne gave a loud sigh. “And?”

“Look, I know you want nothing to do with Louis but please, just hear me out,” Zayn begged her.

There was silence, then; “You have one minute.”

Zayn smiled. “Look, without Harry, Louis has been miserable. And I’m sure you’ve noticed Harry acting glum or upset? Maybe extremely quiet or sad eyes or something.”

“Go on.”

“Right well, Louis is completely in love with Harry. And I understand how wrong that must seem to you, but just think about it as if Harry wasn’t your son or imagine it was you. I mean, I’m sure you’ve been in love and when you are, you don’t care about what everyone else thinks, you just want to be with the other person, not matter what people say, am I right?”

Anne gave a hum in agreement.

“Well, that’s what it’s like for Harry and Louis. They knew it was wrong, and trust me, they tried so hard to not fall into temptation, especially Louis, but their love was just too strong and took over before they could even blink. I know you’re upset about what happened, and I would be too if I found out my kid was seeing an older boy without my permission, but you have too look at this with an open mind Anne. Louis’ hurting, and Harry is too and I know it’s hard, but you have to let him make his own decisions. Harry’s not a little boy anymore and he’s only going to resent you more the longer he’s kept from Louis. Maybe you could give it a chance. I know you like Louis, everyone does. And I swear to you he’s not some monster. He would never have pushed Harry into anything. So please, you have to let them see each other. They’re both hurting so bad and I can’t deal with another one of Louis’ meltdowns, I just can’t Anne-”

“Zayn stop,” Anne cut in.

Zayn sighed. “That’s all I’m going to say.”

“Well thank you Zayn, you’ve given me a lot to think about.”

Zayn’s shoulder sagged. At least he’d tired right? 

“Goodbye Zayn.”

“Bye Anne.” And with that, Zayn hung up and disappeared off to his room, knowing he’d tried his best but still feeling like shit.

—— 

“Harry?” Anne said quietly, walking into Harry’s dark bedroom and perching herself on the edge of his bed. “Harry, wake up.”

Harry gave a quiet groan, rolling away from his mother.

“Harry,” Anne shook him gently. “Someone’s here to see you. Come downstairs yeah?”

Harry sighed as Anne left the room, throwing the covers off his body before getting up, tossing on some sweatpants before moving down the hall, freezing at the top of the stairs case when he met ocean blue eyes.

“Louis?” He squeaked at the boy smiling up at him.

“Hi love.”