Chapter 13

Louis’ phone started to vibrate beside him on the bedside table, drawing him away from the book in his hands. “Hello,” he whispered, no wanting to wake the sleeping boy in his lap.

“Louis? Hi, it’s Anne,” a chirpy voice spoke.

“Oh Anne, hi.”

“How’s it going? How’s Harry? Has he been behaving?”

“Yes yes, he’s been…” Louis looked down at the curly haired teen, all red rimmed eyed and tear stained cheeks, “fine, he’s been fine.”

“Excellent,” Anne replied, “look, I have to ask you something.”

“Um…okay?”

“Don’t sound so scared,” Anne laughed. “The company has asked if Robin and I could stay on for another week.”

“Oh right.”

“Yeah, so I was wondering if you could possibly look after Harry for a little longer? You can say no if you want, I know you must be a busy boy-”

“No no it’s fine, it‘s fine,” Louis cut in. “When will we be expecting you back?”

“Not sure, end of next week sometime,” Anne guessed. “Are you sure it’s fine?”

“Yes yes,” Louis said, his hand finding Harry’s curl hair as he thought about another week with him. “Harry and I will be fine.”

“Oh thankyou thankyou thankyou!”

“Not a problem Anne, I’ll see you soon.”

“Yes, thanks again,” she said, “bye Louis.”

“Bye Anne,” Louis said, before hanging up and no, he did not do a little happy dance, (more a jiggle actually) nope not at all.

“Was that Mum?” A deep, croaky voice asked.

“Yeah,” Louis said, looking down at the sleepy boy, “she’s staying in America for another week.”

“Oh…so I‘m staying here for another week?” Harry asked, an emotion Louis’ couldn’t quite pick flickering through his eyes.

“Is…is that okay?” Louis asked hesitantly.

“‘Course.”

“You sure? We can make other arrangements if-”

“Lou, seriously,” Harry cut in, “it’s fine.” Sitting up from the bed and turning to face Louis, Harry placed a soft peck on his lips. “I get more time with you so,” Harry smiled, “that’s…great.”

“You sure?” Louis questioned, eyeing the younger boy, “You don’t look very happy.”

“I’m just tired s’all,” Harry replied, yawning on queue.

“Alright, well I wish I could say you could go back to sleep but…” Louis started, poking Harry’s nose, “You’ve got school.”

“I don’t want to go,” Harry said as Louis wiggled out from underneath him.

“Do you ever?” 

“Please don’t make me go,” Harry begged, catching Louis’ hand in his. “Please.”

Louis sighed. How the hell was he suppose to say no to those big, green, puppy-like eyes? It was almost torture. “Okay,” he said, “I’ll call in sick for you.” Harry smiled. “But just this once,” Louis warned.

“Yes, thankyou Lou,” Harry smiled, the nickname falling from his lips as he lay back against the pillows.

“You do realise this means you have to come to work with me?”