Chapter 32

BLAIR

“Hey there, sexy thang, how was your honeymoon?”

I drop the box of pastries on Angela’s desk, thankful to have my best friend back and excited to hear about her honeymoon. A lot has happened since she left for her ten-day excursion with her new husband, but I want to hear about her trip before I share anything with her. She’s glowing and I’m unsure if it is because of all the sex she’s had or the pregnancy. Maybe a bit of both, although I’m not feeling the glow unless the glow is the extra layer of sweat I wake up covered in each morning.

“Are these chocolate croissants?” Angela peeks into the box with a glimmer of joy in her eyes.

“There are also some cinnamon sugar ones if you’re feeling up for that flavor.”

“What?” She grabs one of the croissants covered in the extra sugar, “When did they start making these at the coffee shop?”

“They aren’t an official menu item yet. They’re just testing them out to see if the town will like them. This is the third time this week I’ve gotten a half-dozen.”

Angela takes a bite and her eyes roll back in her head, “This might be the bean growing inside that has made me a ravenousness being, but this might be the tastiest thing I’ve had in years.”

“I’ll let them know that you have their vote.”

“I’ll let them know myself when I go buy my own at lunchtime.” She takes another bite and makes the same noise and eye roll, “Seriously, how are these so buttery, but flaky, and sugary all at the same time?”

“Focus, Angela. You have an entire honeymoon to tell me about before I have to go do my actual work. My boss is a real you know what when I don’t get my work done on time.”

“I hear she’s a hard ass, but she’s also turning into a softy now that she’s married and having a baby.” Angela smiles again, rubbing her belly. “We have our first doctor’s appointment next week so I’ll know exactly how far along I am. Harrison is on shift but said he can make it as long as they aren’t on a call, but I was wondering if he gets a call for some reason, if you would be there with me.”

“Wow, Ang, you want me to go with you to your first doctor’s appointment?”

“Yeah,” she messes with her hands a bit, “I am excited, but I’m also really nervous. I don’t want to go alone just in case something happens, you know?”

“I know that feeling, Angela. Every single time I had an appointment during my pregnancy with Hayes I was so nervous. I’ll go with you if Harrison can’t. That is what best friends do, girly.”

“Thanks, babe. So what can I do for you? I feel like I owe you big time for taking care of things for me while I was gone. I know you had your own big life changes going on with moving and Hayes’s birthday and all that stuff. How was the move, by the way?”

“It took a bit longer than we planned, but we’re getting settled in. Dalton was a big help so I’ll need to thank Harrison again for asking him to come by and help. It’s good being with him under one roof again. We’re doing good.”

“You deserve to be happy, Blair. I’m glad you’re getting this second chance. And maybe you’ll get to have your own sex-fest honeymoon like I did.”

I laugh out loud and shake my head, “Now it just sounds like you’re bragging.”

She leans back further in her chair and puts her hands behind her head, “Maybe I am. That man can go forever. I’m glad that we changed our minds from the tropics to Aspen. Especially considering we hardly left the suite.”