Chap X 44

Mr. Beterra Mansion. All applicants who passed the screening are taken to the wine cellar. In there were available consoles for Greed Island.

"This is it..." the boys thought as they walk down the stairs. Killua eyed Gon, he realized this was a big moment for him. Although their relationship was on the rocks he still felt the need to prove himself. He recall back at the final stage of the exam when Gon was getting beat by the ninja.

'My anger got the better of me. Everyone thought so highly of Gon and I was frustrated because I knew I was better...looking back was I insecure?' the thought raced in less than a second and he looked up.

'No I am not weak. That's just my family talking and Gon saved me from that. I can forge my own path thanks to him. Gon cares about me...wholeheartedly... as a friend. Albeit that may be all that I am to him but it doesn't matter. I value him for that. No, I honor his friendship. He may be optimistic but he's just as determined in his purpose. Purpose...I'm still finding my own'

The candidates enter a room in the wine cellar. It was filled with computers and Greed Island consoles. Killua stood beside Gon.

'I will help him. I will trust him. That's the only way I can sacrifice myself so he can reach his goal. I can shove my personal feelings aside...and maybe one day...he may consider us being together'

"No matter which console you start from you will all arrive at the same place" said Mr. Tsezguerra as he began to explain how to enter the game. Killua glance at Gon and who was intently listening but burning out from the information. He smiled,'Don't worry, I'll be by your side'

After a game of rock, paper, scissors, the candidates chose the order to enter the game. Gon was first. Killua was going in as the seventeenth.

"Will you like to use the save file?" asked Mr. Tsezguerra. Gon looked at Killua for reassurance so Killua nodded.

Gon was ready. For whatever clue he knew he was one step closer to his father Ging. He trusted that.

"Gon wait for me at the starting area" Killua said before he went in. Gon gave him a thumbs up before walking up to the console. He activated his nen and was transported into the game.

Gon was cautious for whatever was waiting. As the doors open a lady was awaiting him. She offer to explain the game which Gon accepted. The explanation was easy at first but then it became complicated. The only thing that stood out was the goal. He had to collect 100 specified cards. Gon figured he would figure it out as he played but before he started the girl told him there was message from Ging saved in the file.

"Ging?!!!"

And for the second time Gon heard his father's voice.

"Glad to see you made it in Gon. This is the game I made with my friends. Well, go ahead and enjoy. If you thought there'd be a clue to help you find me, too bad. I just wanted to show off our game."

Gon closed his eyes, 'Ging figured me out already'

He felt disappointed at first but as he walked out the next words Ging said, he took it to seriously.

"It doesn't matter what brought you here. Because you won't be able to leave until you obtain a specific item. So, play your heart out"

'Play my heart out... I will Ging'

'Live your life~' Gon heard as a suppressed memory rose. It was Hisoka back at time warp hovering him. Gon grim his lips.

As Gon stepped out into the light a sense of wonder glossed over his eyes as a gust of wind blew filling him with a sense of nostalgia. A grassy plain was in view showing him the lengendary game... Greed Island.

*******

Omg 😱 we finally starting Greed Island! Don't worry I'll fix Killugon so stick around for MOE!