food poisoning - natasha romanoff

Winter months were always hard for you

Winter months were always hard for you. the
weather was cold, the sky was grey, and the
air around you was crisp, unforgiving almost.

Everything was dim, lifeless it seemed. And you were always sick during those times. You were prone to stomach problems, especially during winter. You always felt a lot more stressed and exhausted, that was maybe why you always got sick somehow.

Things weren't great for you. Natasha was away and you got sick a few days after she left. The redhead wouldn't be back for another 3 days. She was a thousand miles away with no contact. But things were tough, you couldn't eat without vomiting right after and your stomach was constantly hurting you.

The others took notice, but you were quick to brush them off with a gentle reassurance. Bruce wanted to examinate you but you refused, saying you were used to it and it would go away in a few days.

A few days later and Natasha was back. She greeted
you with a kiss to the forehead, mumbling
how much she missed you.

You tried to keep your act up around her, but Natasha could see right through you. "Baby?" She called out, snapping your attention away from your pain.

"Yeah?"

"Are you sick? Is it your stomach again?" Natasha could tell you were hesitant, like if you were about to tell her what was wrong.

"Don't worry, really it's nothing." You nodded, turning your body to face her, burying your face between the crook of her neck.

"Why won't you tell me what's wrong? I know there's something wrong. I can tell." Natasha whispered, wrapping her arms around you.

You wracked your brain for any excuse you had because even though you knew Natasha knew, you weren't going to give in at the snap of a finger.

"I'm okay, Nat. I just missed you, everything's okay now." You plastered on your best smile.

She pursed her lips, "But I know it's not the truth. I know you like the back of my hand, baby. Just tell me!"

"I just missed you, that's it." You tried again.

"No. Let me help you, talk to me Y/N." Her lips kissed the top of your head.

You bit the inside of your cheek, nuzzling your face under her chin. Should you tell her? Or should you
not?

"I think I got food poisoning, a few days after you left. I cooked chicken but I think it was undercooked? I don't know."

"Why didn't you tell Bruce?"

"Because, I thought it would go away easily but it did not." The sound of your voice pinched a hole in your girlfriend's heart.

She placed a hand on your forehead, feeling the fever that's been killing you for days.

"You're burning."

"Yeah, my head's been killing me for days."

"How have you been taking care of yourself
while i was gone? Be honest with me please." She pleaded, but all you could do was shrug. "Did you take medicine? How's your eating been?"

"I haven't took anything." Your lip quivered. "And I can't eat, I mean- I tried but every time I vomit it all. I'm sorry"

"No, don't apologize. I'm just gonna find some medicine, make you a soup and we'll cuddle in bed for the rest of the day." She kissed your head before getting up.

"Okay... Thank you so much, Nat." You gave her a small smile.

"Of course, baby."