ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ᴄᴏꜰꜰᴇᴇ

𓆙The next morning, Devon woke up before the sun rose above the earth

𓆙
The next morning, Devon woke up before the sun rose above the earth. She had realized this fairly quick, deciding to hurriedly throw on black dress pants and and a nice shirt. Her hair was thrown into a high ponytail, before she slid her feet into some comfortable, quiet heels.

She opened the wooden door with a hushed creak. Devon looked outside of the bedroom, checking to see if anyone was around her.

Once she found the coast was clear, she made a beeline to the kitchen.

Upon entry, she found busy elves preparing breakfasts for their masters. Devon only had to do little searching to find hers.

"Daph," Devon called to the elf who ran around, helping the others.

"Mademoiselle Anastasie ! Bonjour. Puis-je vous offrir quelque chose?" Daphne, the LaBlanc elf, rushed out as she approached the bar top counter Devon sat herself at.
Translation: Miss Anastasia! Good morning. Can I get you anything?

"Daph, tu sais ce que je ressens pour ce nom," Devon scolded the elf lightly.
Translation: Daph, you know how I feel about that name.

"Désolé, Mlle Devon."
Translation: Sorry, Miss Devon.

"C'est bon. Puis-je prendre un café ? Pas de crème, sucre supplémentaire."
Translation: That's alright. May I get a coffee? No cream, extra sugar.

Devon didn't have to wait more than a second before a coffee cup was placed on the marble countertop in front of her. "Merci," she thanked, before letting the elf get back to work.

Devon sat there on the barstool for several minutes, drinking her morning coffee in peace.

That was, until the kitchen door opened. Devon stiffened her back, wiping her top lip for any coffee residue.

When she was ready, Devon turned in her chair to see who her intruder was.

Draco stood sheepishly by the open door, seemingly paused in his slow waddle to the kitchens.

"I didn't know someone would be in here. Especially this early in the morning," Draco hummed. He continued into the kitchens, an elf knowingly bringing a cup full of coffee to the counter.

Draco pulled the chair one down from Devon, out for himself. He sat down, taking a slow sip of the hot beverage.

"Couldn't sleep." Devon mentally palmed herself in the face for the lame answer.