ᴄᴏʟᴅ

𓆙It had turned the 30th of the month

𓆙
It had turned the 30th of the month. The morning was cold and rainy.

Devon raised herself from the bed, peering out of the window immediately. Rain drops hit the window with a rhythmic bang. Her mood lowered, as if knowing it wasn't going to be a pleasant morning.

She quickly got dressed, heading straight for the dining room. There was a meeting this morning, discussing the events that would take place that night.

Harry Potter was set to travel to an Order members home this evening. The day before his birthday, and the trace would be lifted from him.

Devon entered the meeting room, heading straight for the fireplace that had blazing fire emitting heat.

Death Eaters were chattering quietly around the room. Only a few sat at the table already. Devon rubbed her hands together, trying to create some friction for warmth.

A chair was left open right by the fire. Devon took that opportunity to situate herself in it, gaining the constant warmth on her back from the fire.

It wasn't long before everyone started taking their seats.

Only moments later, the Malfoy family entered. Devon mentally noted that they all looked tired and put down. Narcissa's head was down. Lucius' eyes were scattered everywhere, almost as if searching around for something. Draco held his hands behind him, walking quickly and quietly to the open seat next to Devon. He had dark bags under his eyes, and his limbs seemed to have a radiating ache.

"Good morning," Devon whispered to her friend she'd made over the past week.

"Morning, Ann." Draco wished back, just as quiet, if not, quieter. "Sleep well?"

"Yes, merci."

The two grew quiet, observing as more people filled in.

Finally, Voldemort entered the room, a new sense of desperation in his step. The table immediately grew unbelievably silent. "Tonight," he hissed right as he sat down, "is the night I kill Harry Potter."

There was small, excited chatter— a celebration.

"But, I need help. No doubt the Order will be protecting the boy more than ever. With that being said, I need all the hands I can get to complete this task. These members need to be distracted, and to not be focused on the boy. I am counting on this. We leave at sundown." Voldemort rested his hand on the head of his pet snake.

Devon eyed the reptile from her chair. She had never been a fan of snakes.

The room stayed silent without the Dark Lord's words.

"Take whatever means necessary to not let Harry Potter escape. However, you leave him alive. The boy is mine to kill," Voldemort continued on.

Slow conversation carried on about specific details about tonight.