Narrative Intro

Centuries ago, from origins unknown, celestial beings rose from the land. Both calm and chaotic, they brought life and death to the creatures of the realm. Weather patterns arose, the ground shook, seasons changed, and the life within the land became vast.

The common law of the land known to all-- wherever destruction and chaos occurred, life would come from it. The ground shaking brought new realms and beings, and the uncontrolled fires created new and resilient life. And at the heart of each chaotic and life giving occurrence were those celestial beings.

Creators of chaos and calm, the center of it all. They were revered by the beings of the realm, able to change their fates with a single swipe of their hand.

As long as they understood the balance of their celestial powers, the realms would remain peaceful, continuing to bring life forward and take life back, letting the land thrive.

But, that balance would be soon brought down by one celestial being. Her name was Erallisto, a greedy but blessed individual. Her power lay in changing the colors of the leaves, wilting the plants and tiring the elders of the realm out, and bringing a hibernation on the land. Although her power was strong, she soon grew jealous of the other celestials, and how they could so easily erase her work, bringing life back into the roots of the flora and the beings of the land.

Over the centuries, her rage festered, and she soon found herself wanting to control not just her own blessed power, but to control the other celestial powers. She wanted her power to remain supreme, and to be the constant state of the land. So, she devised a plan. A plan to take every celestial power for herself, and to reign supreme over the realms.

At the center of every celestial, they had a core of power, a heart. It gave them life, a personality and their abilities. Each one was different, some more chaotic than others. But to Erallisto, it was merely a challenge. As she put her plan into action, stealing the celestial's hearts, she grew to be more powerful. And eventually, the land started to shrivel, remaining cloaked in a palette of oranges, reds, browns, yellows and grays, as the life of the realm remained in hibernation. The sky grew darker and darker, clouds and cold became a constant.

As she continued her escapade, all but one escaped the grasp of her greedy hands. A lost celestial, known in legends as Callacinth. They were revered and worshiped amongst the beings of the land as a protector, kind and true. Their power originated in the roots of all the flora of the land, and they served as a heartbeat, keeping the realm alive and holding on by a string, all while evading the grasp of Erallisto. But even through their protective and clever nature, they couldn't escape her and the claws of her greediness forever.

So, in order to protect the life of the land and the balance of the realm, they removed their heart, hiding it away somewhere where not even Erallisto would look. And without a trace, both Callacinth and their heart disappeared, remaining so for centuries as Erallisto searched tirelessly.

It's rumored in stories Callacinth had died because they removed their heart, but every now and then, little moments of life appear across the land, and the hope of the beings in the realm continued, believing that somehow, Callacinth might still be alive, continuously protecting them. 

Callacinth removing their heart