The Grub and the Flower

Callacinth was not the first celestial to exist. The realms had been given their backbone long before the existence of Callacinth, but their ability to maintain an elemental voice of reason lacked.

Which is where Callacinth came into existence.

They were born from hope, a silent wish the early celestials felt in the back of their minds and hearts-- a want and hope for balance and peace.

This wish was swept along the wind, trickled through the purest streams, and danced through the purest of rain clouds. At the end of its journey, a small being was born. Callacinth.

While they didn't know why they were there, they knew who they were the second they came into existence. They were Callacinth, and they loved everything about the nature in the world they were born into. Compared to any other celestial to exist before them and beyond them, none had such a connection that Cal had to every living thing. They cared for the world, and naturally, the balance that came with it as well.

The silent wishes of the celestials had come true.

Following the whispers of the plants and ground bugs, the young celestial made their way through the realm's flora and fauna, eventually finding their way to a scene of chaos.

"Keep your DISGUSTING grub and dirt away from the flowers! Balance be DAMNED I will not have those vile creatures chewing on the leaves of my beautiful flora!", one celestial yelled, gripping their flower sprouts close to their chest.

"She was just HUNGRY! She's a growing grub, I'll have you know, and she'll evolve into something more! You shun her and her sisters too quickly!! They love your flowers, just not in the same way you do!", the other spat in response, holding her little bugs close.

Cal starred on, observing the scene. With the flowers, vines, and bugs following them, Cal stepped forward, interrupting silently. The paved brick pavilion ground was soon covered by the pursuing flora and fauna, erupting from Cal's path and distracting the bickering celestials.

The young being walked between the two, silently observing the conflict. After a moment, they walked up to the flower celestial, holding out their hand, gesturing to be given the flowers the being held so dearly.

"Who-- what are you. Where did you come from child?..."

Cal did not respond, but continued gesturing for the flower.

Not knowing why, almost entranced with the wisdom that fell off of the child, the flower celestial handed their prized flowers over.

With a nod, Cal walked over to the buggy celestial, gesturing to be given her grubs.

"I--uh... please. Be careful.", she said, reluctantly handing her grubs over, not quite sure why she agreed so easily.

With a final nod, Cal walked to the center of the pavilion. The vines and ground growth followed them, creating a small void of dirt for them.

They held the flower sprout in their hand, and gently began to squeeze it into their fist.

"HEY-- MY FLOWER--", the one celestial cried out in horror-- but suddenly stopped.

Cal opened their fist, revealing a small bead sized seed. And gently, they laid it into the dirt in the ground.

Turning their attention to the grub, they cradled it for a moment, before planting it next to the seed. With both things in the ground, Cal covered them up gently with dirt.

The buggy celestial bit her nails in a nervous fashion, watching her beloved bug gently lay in the ground.

Without a single word, Cal stepped back, closing their eyes. The celestials of the pavilion watched on as this mysterious child held out their hand to the dirt holding the grub and the flower. Silence overtook the gossiping older beings immediately as a blue sparkling light flew out from their palm, embracing the dirt piles.

Within moments, a giant beautiful flower burst from the ground, followed by a large winged bug. Both glowed a vibrant blue from Cal's magic woven through their beings. Both the flower and the bug grew together, relying on what the other gave to the natural order of things. The grub fed on the flower, and grew larger in turn. The flower grew back the consumed part of its figure, and the bug used the growth it had gained from the nutrients the flower gave to spread the pollen across the pavilion. Soon, the entire surrounding area was covered with luminescent blue flowers, all thanks to the bug.

The celestials looked on, shocked at what they had just witnessed. They stared at the young mysterious being that had just arrived, asking a million questions without speaking a single one.

"Little one, who are you?', the flower celestial asked.

"Callacinth."

[Young Callacinth using their magic]