004

"I'm off to the neighbors," Coraline announced as she entered her kitchen.

"Not before doing your homework, Coraline." Her mother scolded, sparing the girl a look as she flipped the page of her better home and gardens magazine to the next. "Your father and I aren't paying an arm and a leg just for you to get write ups for breaking dress code."

"I did it in study hall." Coraline lied, searching the cabinets for a snack. "Study hall?" The woman questioned, well aware that Coraline only told the truth less than half the time.

"Mhm." Coraline agreed, mumbling an inaudible goodbye as she slipped a banana into her tote bag, ignoring her mother's protests.

She had rang the trio of Aglionby boys exactly sixteen minutes ago only to learn that they were running unfashionably late for their appointment with the Psychics on 300 Fox Way.

Coraline slowly made her way through the forest, listening to the slight buzzing the trees gave off as she passed them and continued along the edge of the Fox Way property. Only once safely stood in the front yard did Coraline let her shoulders relax.

The last thing she wanted was to get caught by Maura before she could meet up with the boys. "I don't like this idea."  Ronan murmured, the group unaware that Coraline had arrived at just about the same time as them.

"Scared of psychics?" She guessed, causing the three to turn towards her. "Because it's fucking stupid." Ronan corrected, only sparing the girl a momentary glance. "Just in time, Drew." Gansey perked up, giving her his stupidly diplomatic smile-and-nod combo.

Gansey and Coraline shared a moment of observation, taking in their mutual changes in appearance from their run-in at school only a couple of hours beforehand.

Coraline had changed out of her uniform and now wore a coral colored silk mini dress with a pink satin collared button up top and dark brown cowgirl boots, which had off-white butterfly wings etched onto them.

Gansey looked slightly less diplomatic than usual. His dusty brown hair had been ruffled by the heat, which had also forced him to messily roll up the sleeves of his button-down shirt and discard his school tie.

And yet, Gansey stood in front of Coraline with a handsome glow and a incredulously expensive watch. "Maybe we should get back. I haven't fed Chainsaw since three hours ago." Ronan mused to no one in particular.

"Dog?"

"Raven." Gansey corrected.

"You can buy ravens?"

      "You can't. He found it in a church last night." Adam explained before Gansey tried to steer the group back on track. "Do you think they'll let us do the reading? We're pretty late."

      "I don't think their psychic business is exactly booming with costumers." 

Coraline took the opportunity to finally get a good look at the blue house they were stood in front of. There was no less than eight cars parked outside, and if she focused she could spot multiple people moving about in different rooms upstairs.

Coraline followed after Gansey and Adam, Ronan lingering behind her as they walked over to the front door. "Sorry that I'm late." Gansey remorsefully responded to Maura once she appeared at the door. "Will it be a problem?" He questioned.