2- resistance

A/N: If you see any misspelled words, misused punctuation, or a sentence that doesn't make sense, let me know in the comments.

Colin's Pov:

"Okay boys, gather around!" Coach yells. All the boys are either leaning against the lockers or sitting on the bench. I just lean myself against the locker and pull out my phone from my pocket, scrolling through old pictures.

"Put your phone away, Rowans." coach says, causing everyone to look at me. I put my phone back in my pocket and turn my attention to coach as he begins to speak.

"We are a team. A team that has been unbeatable for the past four years!" he shouts."I want it to stay that way!"

"Yeah coach, it will, thanks to Rowans over here." Ryan buds in, putting an arm over my shoulders, while a bunch of the other guys agree.

"Rowans is a great player, but that doesn't mean he's the only reason we win. You guys are his teammates, and he is yours. You are all equal, but that's not what I wanted to announce to you guys." he lets out a sigh.

Is he going to quit?

"Some of you will be benched, and being the best player on the team isn't going to stop that from happening to you." My eyes widen in shock.

No..

"am i being benched?" i asked, taking a step closer to coach. "Rowans," he said placing a hand on my shoulder, which i immediately shrugged off.

I hate when my anger is about to get the best of me, but football is the only thing that keeps me from going haywire. I can't be benched, if i am then what'll be the use of me even being on the team.

"And it's not only you, Rowans. It's most of you guys." he says looking around at everyone, causing their faces to change into a worried expression.

"You all have horrible grades, which you guys need to pick up. That is why your schedules will change, and you will be put into different classes. When you get to the class you're supposed to be in, the teacher will assign you a tutor."

Oh for fuck sakes.

"If you have below a 70 in your classes, expect to be benched. If you have above a 70, there's nothing you should be worried about. You are all dismissed now." Coach says before walking away, into his office.

"Listen bro, you're our quarterback and that won't change, but we all know your grades are horrible. Maybe it's time you fix it and come back into the field, better and smarter then ever, yeah?" Ryan says patting my back.

"Fuck off." I push him away from me. I fucking hate when people touch me. "My bad man, see you later." he says before walking out of the locker room.

I didn't realize I was the only one left in here. Why the fuck should I get good grades, just to play a sport. Its fucking bullshit.

I didn't even notice that i punched the locker with my fist until i felt it start stinging. When i looked down at my fist i saw a red marks all over my knuckles.

Fucking idiot.

***

"So how was your guys first period?" Elmay asks, sitting across from Mel, while Chris is sitting across from me. Yes, I am next to Mel.