7- jealous

A/N: If you see any misspelled words, misused punctuation, or a sentence that doesn't make sense, let me know in the comments.

Melira Pov:

It was so much fun. So fun skipping my last two classes and hanging out with Colin instead. First, we went to eat. I was surprised that he knew my favorite fast-food restaurant. McDonald's.

We had a whole argument about which restaurant was better; Mcdonalds' or Dennys'. I did love Dennys, but then I heard about how there were maggots found in some of their restaurants worldwide. I won.

His strongest argument was that there were fewer choices at McD's... What a loser. Right now we're sitting in his car, which is parked near Target, blasting Love by Keyshia Cole. This man is literally screaming his lungs out.

"NEVER KNEW WHAT I WAS-" I quickly shut off the music which causes him to send me a death stare.

"I can't take it anymore," I laugh hard as Colin softly pushes me. "Acting like you could do better."

I definitely could. "What's your favorite song?"

"That's hard, but I'd have to go with Naked by James Arthur,". I love James Arthur. His music hits home.

"His music is so depressing,"

My jaw drops. He did not- "You did not..."

"Every single one of his songs is about heartbreak or some type of pain. Like he's sad, we get it." Colin takes a bite from his burger.

I'm going to punch him. Better yet, I am going to kill him. "His music is fucking amazing. Who's your favorite? I bet they suck."

"Hm, mine is SZA," he takes another bit, but this time he finishes the entire burger. Men and their big mouths.

"You," I point a finger at him, " Like SZA? Like THE SZA?"

"Yes? Is there something wrong with that?" he raises a brow. "No, but like... I rarely hear of any straight guys that like her music."

"You are straight right? I would totally support you if you were gay, but I just thought-" he suddenly cut me off, "I'm straight, Mel."

"Okay, cool," I send him an innocent smile as he returned one.

"Mel, you're really p-" Colin was cut off by my phone which had started ringing. I quickly picked it up and answered without checking who was calling.

"Hello?" I stared at Colin mouthing for me to put it on speaker, but I shook my head.

"Is this Melira?" the voice spoke, sounding like a guy.  "Yes."

"Hey, it's Ryan. I just wanted to let you know that I'm available for a tutoring session Friday." A puzzled expression made its way onto my face. "What do you mean? I'm already tutoring someone."

"Yes, Rowans I believe. Mr.Lyle said you're the smartest in class so he assigned you to me as well. Just earlier today." I looked away from Colin, still confused about what was happening. "What?"

"I was looking for you in class today, but I couldn't find you. I got your number from Chris. Tutoring session Friday?" Ryan asks.