[5.1] NOW

•|•|•
A Prince and a Party
•|•|•

Ridgeway.

The night had devoured the metropolis and lights illuminated the ever-busy streets.

Limousines cruised by filled with topless women and beer-chugging guys whilst I watched all this through the tainted glass of the Range Rover driven by the RSS.

Two agents sat in the front seat, whilst I impatiently tapped my feet against the floor, anxiously biting my bottom lip. It was a habit I hoped to one day get rid of.

As Archer had said, there was a car waiting for me as I stomped my way out of Grandeur Palace, but despite my tantrums, the big RSS agents easily shoved me into the car.

I simply had no other option but to go with them.

God, I hated Ridgeway.

It was my least favorite city in Ashen.

A city filled with casinos, strip clubs, and bars, a place one went to completely get wasted, get illegal drugs, throw a bachelorette party, and have no fear of consequences.

What happened in Ridgeway, stayed in Ridgeway. It was a rotten city.

I watched as we sped away from the city lights, grand stages, and billboards, moving further into the residential areas.

The houses grew bigger and farther spaced apart.

"How long till we get there?" I asked, leaning forward.

My gaze trailed between the agents. We had been in the car for 2 hours. They did not reply, working like robots, eyes steadfast on the road...

I grunted at this, falling back in my seat, and folding my arms.

"The least you can do is apologize. Who the hell chloroforms a lady?"

They remained quiet and I rolled my eyes, once again looking out the window.

My phone dinged and I checked my messages. More worried texts from mom and my girls. I spilled everything to Annalise and Ila but mom... Well, I just couldn't bring myself to reply. Not quite yet. All I could do was reassure her I was alright.

I didn't want to tell her of Archer, it would only break her heart.

Biting a fingernail, I glanced out the window, contemplating how to respond when I felt the car slow down. We had stopped in front of a large fancy gate.

"Who is it?" A drunken voice asked over the intercom, music blaring in the background.

"This is the RSS, official business for Prince Rolan."

"Oh... Shit man," the voice huffed, buzzing off, the gate opening a second later.

I shut my eyes at this revelation. I was at one of Rolan's estates then.

The bastard, the stupid King was going to rule my life it seemed. Why on earth am I this cursed?

As we drove in further, following the driveway to the estate only to realize I was at something much fouler.