ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1

TW! Violance, possible use of swear words

✧⸺⸺⸺✧

Drops hitting the window could be heard in the background with many sounds from outside.

Ticking sounds echoed through the room, second by second.

Muffled voices were heard behind the door from time to time.

It seemed like any other day except for the weather. But it was far from 'day like any other one'.

A significant (H/c) haired female was in her office doing her usual job as any other day, yet this day seemed off. The way she was unusually tired and the weird feeling she had like something's gonna happen, made her stressed out a bit. That didn't came unnoticed by many of her colleagues as they asked her if she was alright, her answer being: ,,I'm alright, just had a bad sleep."

But was she alright?

She was looking at her new case with a boring look and an urge to take a nap. Just as she was slowly falling asleep the door suddenly burst out open with three men walking into her office and a few colleagues peeking in from behind the door. At this sound, she suddenly jumped and stood up as fast as she could. Her gaze went to the three men, and she knew way too good who they are

The secret police.

Or so they were called like this around.

Her look suddenly turned into a terrified one, wondering why they're here.

'Is it because of me still not being married...?'

People thought that those, who aren't married would be under suspicion, which can lead to being dragged away by SSS.

'Did they somehow find out about my past?'

The few questions were followed by many others.

The man that stood in front of the other two noticed her spacing out so with a simple 'Ehm ehm' he tried to get her attention.

And he did.

"(Y/n) (L/n), right?" He spoke up not looking away from the woman. As a response, he got a small nod from her.

"Please, come with us." He then said, awakening pure fear in the female, yet she followed them obediently, knowing that if she didn't, it could have bad results for her.

Everyone looked their way and it only made the female feel uneasy. Trying to ignore the looks she continued to follow them.

- TIME SKIP -

The female now sat by a small table. On the other side sat a guy. He was quite tall, his hair was red and his eyes shone in blue colour. As usual, for SSS workers, he wore uniform in greenish like colour. He was very handsome to say at least... the only thing that the female didn't like about him was the fact he's an SSS officer.

"I'm gonna ask you again, you still don't want to work as a detective here, instead of the place we took you from?" he asked looking into the female's eyes. 

"Is that so hard to understand? I wanna stay where I work right now," she answered with annoyed tone in her voice. Looking back into his blue eyes. The man only sighed at this action of hers and looked at the other officers in the room.

He nods, his expression turning into a serious one.
The officers nodded as well, understanding his command and swiftly left the room.

"The man that is about to come will surely convince you, even if it means hurting you Ms. (L/n)," he said trying to look innocent.

"What do you-" Her words were disturbed by the door opening with a new man - an unfamiliar one indeed - entering the room. She shot a look at the new incomer.

'Now is this man supposed to hurt me?' She thought in her head snickering a bit at her words. The male that has just came, switched his seats with the one from before. The red-haired male nodded at his colleague and left the room, leaving them alone to unfold the business.

"Good afternoon Ms. (L/n)," he greeted her casually. She didn't greet him back, instead she took the opportunity to look him up and down.

He seemed to be quite tall. He looked innocent, this quite didn't match why he was one of the SSS workers. He had black hair, almost reaching shoulder lenght and his eyes were red, reminding her of the colour of blood.

She snapped back into reality when he began talking again, pretending like he didn't notice the way she ignored his greeting.

"As much as I know, you were given an offer to join SSS as a detective am I right?" He asked making sure he had the right information. The female nods.

"And you declined the offer?" He asked once again. Still avoiding saying anything, she nods.

A sigh was heard from the male as he looked straight into her (e/c) eyes. 

"I really don't wanna-" He began but the female started talking over his words.

"I don't think you could hurt me though," she said looking dead serious. 

And oh how she was wrong.

Unnoticed by the female, he sighed again knowing he will have to use violence against her. His crimson eyes looked over at the black gloves as he picked them up, putting them on. He then didn't wait for any other words being said and grabbed her head, smacking it onto the table. By this action, her confidence that she once has gained, in the moment vanished.

"I think I may have now shown that I'm able of these things, so once again, you still want to decline our offer?" he said letting her look into his eyes. She on the other side still didn't agree with the offer and oh how much she showed the disagreement. 

This was followed by another beating.
And another, another and many others.

Tears rolling down her cheeks as she prayed for it to stop, yet she wanted to stand her place.

And as many minutes passed, which felt like eternity, she had enough of the pain. Knowing she couldn't get out of this without saying yes, or she would get seriouly hurt, maybe even die, she finally agreed.

"Glad we made a deal," said the male, standing up while taking of his gloves.
His crimson eyes once again shot to her now beaten up figure.

"We'll see you tomorrow," he said averting his gaze from her. "For now, have a good day Ms. (Y/n)," he added and with that he left.

She looked at the door with pure hatred.

"I hate this job already," she sighed, calming her breath after the pain.