ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 3

✧⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺✧

"I cannot marry you, it could indeed raise a suspicion, but let's make a deal..."

✧⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺✧

"What's your deal then?" asked the man - Loid. The little pink-haired girl looks at them being all ears.

"Well, I understand you want the best for your daughter, yet I won't marry you, at least not now. But If I give it some thought, I could marry you if you don't find any person for this position. For now, I could take care of this little lady," she said looking at both of them, waiting for their response.

"We've got a deal," he finally answered and reached out his hand waiting for her to do the same, and she did. They shook their hands looking straight into each other's eyes.

✧⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺✧

As the three of them leave the restaurant, Loid pulls out a small piece of paper and a pen.

"I'll write down my number for you, please message me so I can contact you at any time needed," he said writing down his phone number. She nodded and took the paper after he finished writing. She quickly read it and after that she puts it inside her pocket, looking back at the man.

"Well, I guess it's our time to say goodbye," Y/n spoke up, adding soon after: "It was nice meeting you." Smiling at both of them, she patted the small girl's head.

The man smiled at her as well, happy that the plan is so far working out.

"It was nice meeting you as well," he said. 

"I will be going then, see you soon!" the female said, already walking away, sensing that there isn't anything to be said. She ran off not looking back and only thinking through this mess she got in.

✧⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺✧

A click was heard and afterward, the doors opened, revealing a female figure in uniform. Not just any normal uniform... it was an SSS uniform. She slowly closed the door after her and sat down on her chair by the desk, looking at the new folder placed there. It was a new case, something they needed help with, and who better to ask than the detective of the secret police?

She opened the folder, looked at the task, and sighed seeing what the case was all about. It indeed had to come someday. And the day came today, the day when she had to find out who Twilight was.

She may know some intel about him, but there's a problem. He is a man of many faces, which means that it will be hard to find out something about him. As for Natalie, this was a very easy task. Way too easy. The only problem in solving that was: She would drag suspicion upon her, solving the task so quickly.  

She had to plan this out, she had to plan the investigation, without dragging suspicion on her.

✧⸺⸺⸺⸺⁓»«⁓⸺⸺⸺⸺✧

Y/N  L/n

Current affiliation - SSS
Known for being the best detective in the city

⸺⸺

Rosa 

Known for being one of the best spies thanks to her intelligence.
Went missing soon after being assigned a new mission

✧⸺⸺⸺⸺⁓»«⁓⸺⸺⸺⸺✧

Suddenly the door opened, revealing a man. He was looking at her with no expression at all - most people seemed to not have any emotion inside here.

"Detective L/n! We need your assistance in one of the interrogations." Says the man, waiting for her response. She nods and stands up while putting the case back into its folder. She places the folder on the desk, following the man right after.

After walking out of her office, she again locks the door, following him into the interrogation room.

✧⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺✧

She watches as they take out the beaten-up man, out of the room. Flashbacks of her being in this room began to appear in her head. She shakes her head, standing up quickly and leaving the room, in hopes of never coming back. 

She passes many doors, searching for one and her only office doors. She notices the second lieutenant walking in her way. 

"Good afternoon lieutenant." She says simply, trying to avoid his gaze. She noticed a slight nod. Now she realized she was before her office, so she entered, forgetting all that had happened.

✧⸺⸺⸺⸺⁓»«⁓⸺⸺⸺⸺✧

I apologize for not posting a new chapter for so long, I also wanna thank you all for your support, really appreciate it<3