ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2

✧⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺✧

TW:

✧⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺✧

(L/n) (Y/n), the main character of this story, the detective and now even employed by SSS.

Yet even she had some secrets that could take her life if they got spilled out.

And that's why even she, lived in a big lie.

✧⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺✧

A sunny day it was indeed. Screams and laughs of joy from kids could be heard around. 

A handsome, tall man with a small pink-haired child, made his way through the streets thinking about his mission and its details. Right next to him, the pink-haired child was looking at her 'dad', reading his mind and being completely amazed by his thoughts.

In front of them walked (Y/h) - Your height -  woman. She as well deep in thoughts didn't notice the man in front of her and ended up bumping into him.  

Their looks went straight up, to meet each other's gaze. The man immediately recognized her from the newspaper. From what he read about her in the newspaper, she was supposedly arrested by the Secret Police. Now this didn't sit up with what he read, and with that, he quickly caught suspicion of her.

On the other hand, she looked at him dumbfounded. The thing that made her confused was a weird feeling like she already knew him, yet she didn't know from where nor how.

The pink-haired girl looked at them both from side to side, hearing their thoughts. 

The man swiftly looked over her features, making sure if he was right about her being in the newspaper, by this he remembered that when he scrolled through the single women's information, she was there. 

'(Y/n) (L/n) 

Age: 20

Occupation: Detective Agency
Status: single
Known for being the best detective around.'

The small girl hearing these thoughts began to think of a way to attract this woman into being her mother. 

"Anya is so lonely⁓" the girl whined, taking them by surprise. "Anya needs mother..." she added and opened one of her eyes to look at their reactions. 

"Ah! I apologize for my daughter, I don't know what has gotten into her-" The man began, as drops of sweat started to form on his face.

(Y/n) was so caught by surprise that she couldn't even answer his words. 

The pink-haired girl - Anya, made her little cute face that none could resist. In fact, she found this woman really cool. From what she heard in her papa's thoughts, she was the best detective around. 

The male began to think this opportunity through. She was indeed great detective which could lead him to letting her reveal his identity and at Eden academy they would probably look at the female's intel. 

Yet he couldn't afford to miss this chance, and in case she still was a detective which could be a great benefit to him as well.

With these thoughts he forgot completely about how suspicious he felt before.

"Miss-" he started yet catched himself before he could call her by her last name. It would ruin his mask, wouldn't it? And revealing such a small detail of him knowing her last name could also think suspicious of him, even though he still could say he heard her name around. He rather did not risk.

"It's (L/n)," she said, suddenly awakening from her trance.

"Miss (L/n), do you have some spare time? I would like to take you to this one caffé, as a form of apologize for my daughter's act," he offered as his eyes looked straight into the female's ones. By this she was once again caught by surprise. 

"Well..." she thought of what she had to do that day, and to the result of her deep thinking... there was pretty much nothing to do.

"I think I am indeed free," she answered, a small smile forming on her lips as she said the words.
The male smiled as well, and when it goes to Anya... she beamed with happiness a small hope of having a mom waking up inside of her.

✧⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺✧

They sat peacefully around small table that had its place in a corner of the caffé. Barely heareble music played in background and chatter of many people that sat there, was heard.

Anya was happily eating a piece of cake that her dad has gotten her. 

"I believe I haven't introduced yet. My name's Loid Forger," He introduced, trying to break the silence. 

"It's pleasure to meet you Mr. Forger. My name's (Y/n) (L/n), but I believe you already heard about me," She slowly reached out her hand across the table waiting for him to do the same and he did. They shook each other's hand.

"Please, just call me Loid," he said, giving her a smile, which she returned. 

"Be free to do the same for me Mr- Loid," she said, almost calling him by his last name again.

With the last words being said, they fell into another dreadfull silence.

(Y/n) watched the clock tick from second to second as it seemed to be an eternity. She was feeling awkward a lot since she hasn't been on any 'date' nor anything like this for a long time now. She was struggling to think of a way to break this silence... She had one idea in her pocket.

"I will get myself a drink, does any of you want anything?" she asked looking at both of them with questioning look. Loid nods his head in disagreement and so does Anya. (Y/n) stands up seeing them answer and walks away. 

Tick. Tack. Tick. Tack.

"I want her to be my mama," Anya suddenly spoke up to Loid. He looked at her surprised by her words. 

"Anya it doesn't work like this-" he answered but got cut off by the female sitting back on her seat with drink in her grasp. 

Anya and Loid looked at her as she looked back at them confused.

"Something wrong?" she asked, panicking if there was anything wrong with what she has done.

"Don't worry, (Y/n). I have been wanting to ask you... where do you work?" he asked attempting to start a new conversation.

"Oh- I work at the detective agency..." she said getting nervous thanks to the question. She wasn't the person to lie, but when it got to this... She didn't want anyone to know this.

'I actually work at the Secret Police...'

Anya's emerald like eyes shot at (Y/n) by hearing her thoughts. The woman caught her interest even more now. She did think that it was cool since of the word secret... she wasn't very familiar with that SSS did though.

"What about you Loid?" (Y/n) asked and looked genuinely interested. 

"Papa cures people's feelings," Anya answers instead of the man. Loid looked at Anya in a tired way.

"That seems like an interesting job," (Y/n) answered to the little girl with bright smile on her lips.

By this action Loid saw something in the woman. The way she acted...

He knew that he had to try... He had to.

"My daughter has made it through Eden's exams not long ago..." he began and caught (Y/n)'s interest Immediately. "Yet we have to get through interview, which needs to have both of the parents attend," Now (Y/n) knew what he was bumping into. "Her mother died and ever since I have wanted the best for our daughter. That meant enrolling her into a prestigious school and many more things," he finished, averting his gaze to (Y/n).

Thise left her to wonder.

She could've helped him get his daughter to Eden... while on the other side of this, she was worker of SSS to which this sudden relationship could seem suspicious... and so it could seem suspicious to Eden.

And as silly as it was... she kinda wanted to say yes.

Forming an answer in her head...

"I cannot marry you, it could indeed raise a suspicion, but let's make a deal..."

✧⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺✧

Be free to write in comments what deal you think they made, I would also like to hear your opinions and thoughts on this chapter.

Thank you all for your support on this story, I deeply appreciate it. <3