you're only brave in the moonlight - vmin

credits - ameliabedelias <3

<3 ship - vmin

-------

you're only brave in the moonlight
so why don't you stay till sunrise?

your body's looking good tonight
i'm thinking we should cross the line
let's ruin the friendship, let's ruin the friendship
-demi lovato, ruin the friendship

***

there are several things that suck about being head over heels in love with one particular kim taehyung

the first: kim taehyung is the very definition of exuberant extrovert. a hopeless romantic, open to the giving and receiving of affection to literally every human he interacts with (and dogs, most especially dogs). he loves everyone he's ever met. anyone.

which is to say, there is no mathematical equation or scientific experiment to work out and see whether taehyung loves one park jimin the most.

the second: kim taehyung is not the jealous type, as far as jimin knows. or if he is, he's the world's greatest fucking actor (which to be fair; taehyung is pretty great. his performance in the sophomore spring show made jimin cry, even though he knew taehyung's lines by heart because he'd helped taehyung memorize in their dorm room for weeks. he knew the whole play, saw the whole thing coming he still cried. jimin never cries).

the fact is, jimin can wax poetic about whatever dick he may be getting and taehyung does-nothing. smiles and enthusiastically congratulates jimin, offers up a dorky high five. one time he even baked jimin a "congrats on the sex" cake as a joke. it doesn't matter that jimin is lying. it doesn't matter that jimin hasn't gotten laid in months because every time he gets close he just thinks about how he wishes the guy was someone else.

kim taehyung has ruined everything, even no-strings-attached no-fucks-given sex, and jimin doesn't even get the satisfaction of knowing he can make tae jealous over it.

the third: because of the listed reasons above, kim taehyung is pretty impossible to read. even for jimin, who's really good at reading people.

he's pure to a fault, and on top of it, of course, they're best friends. so jimin has no way of knowing if taehyung's playful i would die for you's are meant to be romantic or platonic. he doesn't know how to subtly convey how he feels about taehyung because by this point, they've said all there is to say. they're long past the novelty of i love you, and you're adorable and you're so important to me. honey i'm home was a daily greeting for them after the first week of rooming together freshman year. even the i'm in love with you is said casually, so casually.