your altar is my hip - taekook

credits - enticingvk <3

---------

Taehyung blinked his eyes rapidly and twisted to see his best friend, Jimin, who was giving him expectant eyes— wide and imploring

Taehyung blinked his eyes rapidly and twisted to see his best friend, Jimin, who was giving him expectant eyes— wide and imploring. He looked innocent, his lips on the verge of pressing into a pout and it was the last thing he needed after giving a grueling test in one of his classes earlier.

He looked naive just like he appeared whenever he was trying to cover up his mistake but in this case, it wasn't a lie, Jimin had argued. It was an omission. A blatant omission of a fact.

"He's an omega." Taehyung gritted out, breaking their staring contest.

"Didn't take you as someone who discriminates on the basis of sub gender." Jimin shook his head in disapproval. His eyes glinted.

"He. Is. An. Omega." Taehyung emphasized, palms running through his hair. He was frustrated. "Who is going to live with me. An alpha. You don't see the problem?"

Jimin shrugged, his act dropping until he sagged back into the couch, legs propped and crossed at the ankles on the glass table. Taehyung didn't have in himself to rebuke the alpha. A migraine was forming. His right side twinged in pain.

"It's for a few months, Tae. Until this semester ends." And the puppy eyes were back with full force. "Please?"

Taehyung groaned.

He smelled the new scent wafting in his place, something clean and floral and all too pleasant. Acutely making him conscious of an omega's presence in his flat. Then his ears were getting attuned to the soft singing from across the hall. Melodious and tranquil.

The presence was hard to ignore. He felt crowded.

"I'm going out."

"At least meet Jungkook properly. It is rude."

Taehyung inhaled. Exhaled. Fingers clenched into fists and then released. "Later."

And with that he was out of the door, planning to return late at night.

Lately, his fingers had started to reach for blue. The colour now enriched the canvas, the sea stormy. Blue and grey. Taehyung shut his eyes. Let them rest, his hands unmoving.

His gaze wandered around his room. The sun was setting. The sky was red and Taehyung ailed to paint it. Red had always been his favourite colour.

After lying on the floor for a whole forty-three minutes, he stood up. Dusted his sweats, making the fresh colour smear all over his clothes and decided it was time for a coffee.

His feet stopped when the door across the hallway opened, and Jungkook came out of his room. A long white t-shirt covered his torso and bare legs, reaching his mid thigh. Golden locks haphazardly fell over his face and then those wide eyes locked with his own.