Maisey, 2008

November 12, Grafton Utah.

I waited until Kate came back to get me. I'll admit I was a little nervous. We walked back down the hallways and into the main building. She didn't say much as we passed the filing rooms and all the other shut doors. You would think that this place was designed to be a maze with all the twisting we've been doing. We finally reached the last hallway in the furthest corner of the building. I think that I've only been here once maybe, it's not a place you want to visit often. There was practically no light, the walls were a deep shade of red and the carpet was black. No lights hung overhead for you to see. At the end of the corridor there was a large oak door, I couldn't make out the color of it because it blended in with the colors around me.

Kate grabbed ahold of my hand and dragged me along with her to the door. She knocked a pattern that I couldn't memorize with one try. Maybe that's the point. They don't want other people in this room. Hopefully you make it out alive. I pushed the thoughts away as the door opened on it's own. We walked further into the room where the light was a vibrant contrast to the theme on the outside.

I could see a screen above a large table. I don't know why the table was so large, Kate was the only person to see the leader of The Dark. It was rumored that she was the daughter of our leader. I don't know what to think though, I've never asked her and I don't plan to. I don't know how she'd react and she can't confirm nor deny because then we could find his identity. With how many enemies we've made over the years, it wouldn't be safe for anyone. I don't even think that he's been inside of this building. Kate has been in charge of everything here for years.

Kate moved to sit down in the front chair and left the one on the right for me to sit down in. The screen flickered to life to show a blank black screen. I don't know what I expected.

"Good afternoon Kate and Maisey."

"Good afternoon sir." Why does Kate have to be so formal all the time?

"Good afternoon."

"Maisey you may be wondering why I've called you here today. I have an important assignment for you to complete. I need your level of expertise on a terrible matter that has gotten out of hand. One of our branches in Greece, they have stopped responding to my orders. I need you to take care of the people there. They have turned into some sort of mafia, I know that you've dealt with people like that before."

"How do you want me to take care of the matter sir?"
"Total annihilation please, I don't want these jokers to live another day."

"Yes sir. When do I leave?"

"Tomorrow, I want you to fix this problem as soon as possible. Do you understand?"
"Yes sir."

"Thank you Maisey, I don't trust anyone else to do this for me. Get this done as quickly as possible." The screen flicked off and Kate turned to look at me,

"I guess you're going to Greece!"

"Yeah I guess so, do you have the rest of the information with you?"

"You know me so well." She pulled out a folder and handed it to me.

"I'm going out to dinner with Derek tonight and I want you to come with us."

"I don't know Kate, last time we almost blew up the restaurant..."

"Oh come on it'll be fun, besides I won't see you again for a while. Please."

"Fine but just dinner, where are we going?"

"I want steak so..."

"Derek's going to pick the place then?" She laughed and nodded. We both headed back to my place to get ready for the night. I tried not to think about what I'd have to do in a few days. I don't know how I feel about killing a lot of people again, maybe they'll give you vacation time after?