Maisey, 2009

January 19, 2009. Athens Greece.

I sat down at the table and went over all of my plans. It had taken me several months to come up with this idea and the amount of stuff to pull it off. I hadn't talked to anyone in the states in about seven months either. I didn't plan on it taking this long but here I am, still in Greece. I was going to take down the mafia today and I might die. Not that you care anyway. They were a lot bigger than what we originally thought, they had been recruiting an army since I got here in November. Yay. I just love armies of people waiting to kill me.

Once I finished going over everything for what seemed the fiftieth time this morning, I grabbed my bag and walked out the door. Everything was already set and in place, I would set off an explosive in the west building before I entered the east wing. I could clear that building and move on to the north while I set off another explosive on the south side, by the time that they got around to getting people out I would be finished with the north and east buildings. (That's not confusing at all.) I would have to kill off the people who made it out alive when I was finished. Once again, yay. It would take a lot of effort but I planned to use my strength to get it done easier, it would also take less time and then I can go home and leave all this destruction behind. Home, do they miss you?

I didn't want to think about how Liam would see this on the news tomorrow and everyone would think I was a monster. Well, you are. I knew that this would be a risk but it still didn't make me feel better about all the lives I'm going to take. Does it ever? I never thought that I'd be doing this. Everyone will hate me after tonight. I'll probably be a fugitive for a couple months. I have to go through with it, I was trusted to make this happen, to make an example out of the people who disobeyed orders. I think that you'll hate yourself if you go through with this. What am I doing with my life?

I walked down the stairs and into the lobby. I had been getting mail at the front desk while I was here, I only got it from my suppliers. I missed my family, I missed my life. I waved to the young girl at the desk. I think her name's Mia but her name tag is always covered. She waved the daily newspaper towards me as I stopped by the desk.

"So how are you this fine morning?" It won't hurt you to make small talk.

"I'm doing good, thanks for asking. I can't believe how crowded it is out there! It's like half of America decided to visit this time of year!" I looked out the large glass windows to see the people lined up everywhere. The streets were crowded with people looking at the architecture and walking down the stone paths.

"I see what you mean. Well I must get going now but it was nice talking to you!" Her smile was beautiful. It made me wonder what a girl like her was doing in a place like this.

"You too!" I stepped out the doors into the crowded streets. People were rushing everywhere. They probably didn't even notice that a mafia and their army was in the same district as them. I walked past the same beautiful tall buildings that I've seen almost every day I've been here.

Don't get me wrong, it was beautiful but I didn't have time to stop and look at things anymore. I stayed on the furthest side of the streets, trying to avoid all the younger children and parents. When I reached the last building before the city limits I ducked into the shadows. It would be easier to get around. I sat down on a side bench in the shade and watched the park. No one knew what was about to happen and it excited me, all of these people were so attached to their phones and laptops that they wouldn't look up. I doubted if they would even hear something. Of course someone will notice. They'll have too. I pulled my bag out and put on my jacket. I wasn't cold but it was going to get very cold soon. I didn't want to give anyone the opportunity to cut my arms again. It's actually very painful. I would know I guess, I have a lot of scars on my body that won't go away.